10 - Our first Intoduction.

Greyson

Should I have learned French? I'm finding out here, on the airplane, that only a few people here know English, meaning I'm absolutely screwed. I think we've come to a pretty french speaking city, and me being horrible at geography didn't even know Canadian people spoke french.

I'm sat on the isle seat, with Juniper sat by the window, and Preston squished in between us. Juniper made him sit in the middle, she didn't want to argue with me and 'lose sleep whilst she's on the plane.' At least the travelling wont go on for much longer. There's not much left of the plane journey, and all of our team will then have to cram in a rented mini bus, but again that journey shouldn't be too long.
"Grey?" Preston calls out to me as I'm fighting back falling asleep, with some random movie playing through my headphones. I take them out, and reply by turning to face him.
"Look out the window, you can see the airport!" He half yells, before realising its around 8pm, and some children might be asleep. I attempt to look out the window, but my sisters head blocks most of the view. He sees my attempt, and shrugs his shoulders. I lean back in my chair, and try to close my eyes for a few minutes at minimum.

I don't know if it's because I'm exhausted, or the 10 hours of travelling did something funky to my brain (or a mixture of both), but getting out of the plane, going through security and out of the airport went by extremely fast, and now I'm finding myself in the mini bus, with a lot more space then I had anticipated. It takes us around 10 minutes to get from the airport to our hotel, and I think everyone's just grateful to be here, and to start these two months already. I for a fact can't wait to get up into my room and sleep peacefully.
But of course that didn't happen, because guess who I have to share a hotel room with. None other then the devil herself, my twin sister. And to make it even worse, My mom was the one adamant about us sharing a room. Thankfully, when we made it to our room, it was pretty fancy, and we had our own bedrooms. Both bedrooms had their own bathrooms as well, which Juniper was ecstatic about.
"GREYYYY?" Juniper called out from the bathroom she claimed, after getting out her countless hair supplies and makeup.
"WHAT?" I reply from my room, as I'm laying down like a starfish over the soft, fresh quilt that's sprawled out neatly over the double bed, my suitcase thrown messily in the corner of the room. I can deal with that later.
"I'M GONNA LEAVE MY SUITCASE UNTIL TOMORROW, JUST LETTING YOU KNOW!" She yells, and I roll my eyes like she can see it.
"ALREADY THOUGHT OF THAT" I yell back. I close my eyes, and try to sleep. The many hours of travelling definitely took its toll on me.

"GREYSON FOR FUCKS SAKE WAKE UP" Juniper yells at me, towering over me. I rub my eyes awake after almost falling out of bed. My eardrums are seriously going to suffer one day if they aren't already. I'll be deaf by 25 at this rate. She rolls her eyes and walks out of my room, satisfied with the fact she woke me up at... 9AM? 9 fucking am. Is she serious? I got no sleep on that flight for 15 hours and she thinks I'm gonna be okay to wake up at 9? Regardless, I get up anyway and get dressed. Turns out, most of my team were already awake and lively in the group chat we use.

Preston: YO GUYS WANNA MEET UP FOR LUNCH?
Tobias: Fuck yeah where u going
Preston: not decided
Kenzo: Yo i found this cafe (he sends a link with the location to a café that isn't that far away, maybe a 10 minute walk from the hotel)
Tobias: looks good 👍
Josh: it looks like shit but I'll go anyway
Cameron: I'm in
Aubin: 👍👍👍
Greyson: COOL I'LL MEET U GUYS IN 30

I close my phone, and finish getting ready. Juniper is still in her room, she's in the Group chat so there's no doubt she saw the messages, but she hasn't began to move yet.
"June?" I knock on her door, and walk in.
"Yeah?" She replies, not looking up from her phone as she's sat cross legged on her bed.
"Im leaving, you coming?"
"I'll join later. Jade's texting."
"Ah gotcha. Have fun."
"Yeah piss off already"
With that, I shut the door. She is extremely temperamental, but I guess I just gotta deal with that, especially with her being my twin and all.
I leave the doors of the lobby, and pull my phone out to start walking to the cafe. Feels weird to not have my car but not having to paying for gas is a huge plus.
"Yo. Grey?" I hear a voice coming from behind me, and I turn to see Tobias walking up to me. He' s been in the team for as long as I have, but we haven't spoken much.
"To...Toby? What shortened version of your name should I use?" I laugh, and he joins in, now walking next to me, considering we both know we are going to the same place.
"My friends usually call me Toby, so you got it." He laughs.
"Nice. Some people have really easy Nickname-able names. Like I'm grey, my sister is June, and your toby." I try to keep the conversation going, it's a little awkward since we probably haven't said more then this to each other... ever.
"Oh yeah, your the twin guy. And your also the guy that beat Easton's ass."
"I guess so." I say, not really sure what else to say.
We chat for a bit until we finally reach the café where pretty much everyone is there. It wasn't that hard to find them as they had all chosen to sit outside, right by the front entrance that leads to the pathway, and then the road. Looks like a simple but humble street. I sit on one of the chairs, and we order some drinks whilst we wait for the late comers. Josh is next to arrive, and then not long after so does Juniper.