6 - Friends and family.

Juniper

"So, a little update on my girlfriends parents, they still don't like me very much." Jade says, as she continues to braid her hair, which she's been doing since 10am. Its 4pm.
"That's an update?"
"J! Let me finish. Anyways, I'm guessing they don't like me still, but I'm invited for dinner tomorrow."
"Hey! That's an improvement right! I mean, you've been together for like..."
"A year."
"A whole year? My ex boyfriend came over the day he asked me out!" I laugh, and continue watching Jade braid her hair.
"OH FUCK." Jade yells, and I wince at the noise.
"What the fuck?" I say, as Jade laughs.
"Oh nothing. Except for the fact I have to finish my hair BEFORE TOMORROW. I'M NOT EVEN HALF WAY DONE AND THE DINNER IS IN LIKE 24 HOURS. I CAN'T GO WITH HALF FINISHED HAIR."

I wince even harder at her yelling. I haven't noticed until now, but all the yelling just reminds me of Easton, which then reminds me, the trip to Canada in in 2 weeks. At least Easton wont be there, considering he got kicked out and all.

"J? You zoned out. Something on your mind?"
"Oh! Um, no. Nothing that important anyways. Did I tell you about my brothers hockey tournament?"
"No? Where is it?"
"Canada. I have to go. My mom forced me. Something about us constantly fighting and stuff." I roll my eyes, remembering how much I really do not want to go.
"Canada! Dude that's awesome! How long?" She leans into the camera, still braiding her hair.
"2 weeks, and I'm there for 2 months."
"Huh? 2 months? J we need to meet up before you go."
"Meet up? How do I know you're not a creepy old man?"
"J. June. Juniper. Bae. Did you really just say that?"
"Go grab 3 spoons and show your whole room and maybe I'll believe you." I laugh, and Jade rolls her eyes and laughs with me.

We plan to meet up in a few days, that way she still has tomorrow to be with her girlfriend. Eventually, We hang up, as I've got to finish my homework, and Jade has to finish her hair, without me constantly distracting her.

I get my homework book out of my bag, and immediately lose all of my motivation. Then, I hear a knock at my door.

"WHAT."
Greyson opens the door, and folds his arms, leaning against the doorframe.
"Dear sister, that's no way to treat your brother." He says sarcastically, and it drives me insane.
"Greyson. What the actual fuck do you want?"
"Juniper, please. Am I not allowed to check on my lovely sibling?"
"Fuck off Greyson." He gasps dramatically, and I roll my eyes at him.
"Okay okay fine. I want to know who you were talking to. It didn't sound like anyone from our school."
"Its none of your fucking business. Shouldn't you be at practice right now?"
"SHIT." He runs off, and storms out of the house quicker then I've ever seen him do before.

"DAD!" I call out, noticing something on the ground near my doorframe.
"JUNIPER WHAT?" He replies.
"GREY LEFT HIS HOCKEY STUFF!"
"Oh for fucks sake." I hear him get his car keys, come upstairs and get the bag, and go out of the house.

A few days pass, and I'm sat on a bench in a mall that's pretty close to my house, waiting for Jade to get here. Unfortunately, I'm not alone.
"Jade huh? Is she single?"
"No Greyson, she has a girlfriend."
"Is her girlfriend single?" It seems he's in his hourly stupid moment.
"Shut up Greyson, you're so stupid."

I sit for another 5 minutes scrolling on tiktok, liking videos of cats and scrolling quickly past the ones that remind me of Easton.

"J!" I look up, and see Jade running towards me, her girlfriend trailing behind with a sweet smile. Wow. They are really cute together.

"Jade! Hi! You finished your hair! It seemed like it would never end!" I laugh, and she joins in.
"Imagine what it was like for me!" We laugh even harder.

"Oh, I hope you both don't mind, I brought my twin. He wouldn't shut up about wanting to know who you were." I say, gesturing to Greyson who was still sat on the bench. He eventually stood up, and said his hellos.

"Oh right! This is Amber, my girlfriend." Jade then gestures, and Amber smiles, holding onto Jade's arm.

"Hi Juniper! I've heard a lot about you, and Its really nice to finally meet you!"
"Ditto girl! Its nice to put a face to the very much talked about name." Jade blushes a little and we all laugh.

"Jesus, is this how girls communicate?" Greyson chimes in, and I roll my eyes at him. We start walking, and Greyson mainly just buts in when he can, and stays silent most of the time. I'm sure he's not bothered though. And if he is, he can suck it up. He wanted to come.

"So, Greyson. Got any interest in anyone?" Jade asks, then almost chokes on a fry Amber tries feeding her.
"No. I don't. I haven't had a girlfriend since I was 10." I laugh,
"What? You can't be serious? I'm a lesbian but even I can admit you're attractive." Amber says.
"Thanks? It's not that people don't like me, I mean, look at me. Who wouldn't?" They both laugh, but I just sigh.
"Greyson."
"Okay okay Jesus. Anyway, I just haven't found anyone that really interests me."
"I'm sure you will soon if that's what you want."
"Thanks."
"Okay now! Enough about him. More about that outfit I just brought. Do I pair it with white or black heels?"

Eventually, it starts to get dark and we finally separate. I step into the car, and let Greyson drive. I mean, I don't have my license, so Its not like I had a choice.

"I'm glad she wasn't a creepy old man." I say, and laugh as Greyson pulls a face.
"Don't you guys facetime like, everyday?"
"Yes Greyson. That's the point of the joke."
"Wasn't funny."
"Just keep driving." My eyes are tired of rolling at this point.

I hear a knock at my door around an hour after I got home.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I yell, thinking it's Greyson. The door opens, and my Mom is standing with an offended look on her face, as she walks through the door.
"Oh. Sorry mom."
"Whatever Juni. I'm stressed out."
"What?"
"Your brother hasn't even packed yet, and he leaves in a less then 2 weeks! I told him to pack months ago and of course, because he takes so much after your lousy father, he did nothing."
"Oh."
"Juni. Please tell me you packed your things. Please?" she pleads, and I get a suitcase filled with my clothes and essentials from the corner of my room and show it to her.
"See, I'm packed. I have been since last month, and I just put new clothes I brought today in it too."
"Thank you Juni. At least I know one of you two are mine." She laughs, and leaves my room.
"I HEARD THAT MOM!" Greyson calls out, and both me and my mom laughs. I completely forget about my homework, and lay down in bed, and scroll through tiktok, when once again, I hear a knock at my door.

"I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF GREYSON IS BEHIND THAT DOOR I WILL FUCKING THROW MYSELF OUT OF MY WINDOW." I yell, and it was quiet. If it was my mom or my dad, they would have come in already.

"OH FOR FUCKS SAKE GREYSON WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT."
"Juniper, before you get mad that I'm coming in your room again-"
"GREYSON, ITS A BIT LATE FOR THAT."
"Juniper, will you just listen to me?" He fully walks in the room now, and I give up yelling at him.

"Okay. Juniper. Preston just invited me to a party and I was wondering-"
"Will Easton be there?" I but in. I already know I want to go, but if Easton is there, that might just change.
"Probably not. I'll make sure that he doesn't."
"Then fine. I'll go. When is it?"
"Tonight."
"WHAT? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY? I HAVE TO GET READY!"