7 - You can't go wrong with a party, right? (1/2)

Greyson

"Tonight." I say, hoping Juniper doesn't blow up.
"WHAT? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY? I HAVE TO GET READY!"

She blew up.

An hour later, we were 20 minutes late to the party, but fashionably late is a good thing, right?

"Does mom and dad know we left?" Juniper asks, and I chuckle. Its just gone past 11pm, they wouldn't know.
"They're asleep. So as long as we are back before 3, we should be fine."
"HAH! Okay then. Lets be Cinderella for the night." She laughs, and I pull into a parking place not far from the house the party's at. The house looks pretty big and modern. Apparently this guy's parents are rich as shit, and left for a trip across the world, and he got the house to himself. I don't know if I should believe that or not, but its none of my business anyway, and I couldn't care less. I love the idea of parties, but usually they turn out to be a pile of dog shit, and flops.
"But she goes home at midnight?" I say, and she rolls her eyes. Her eyes must be loose now from the amount of times she rolls them.

Juniper was wearing a purple skin tight dress and white heels. She did her hair differently, usually she has it down, but she put half of it up. She put all sorts of makeup on her face, and me being me I have no idea what any of it is called or what its for. She looks decent, but that dress looks itchy.
I wore a plain white t-shirt and some shorts. Its just a normal house party from this guy I don't even know but Preston somehow does, why would I dress up? I step out of the car, and open the door for Juniper. She fixes her dress, applies more of her lip makeup, and then we start walking.

Walking inside, there was already a significant amount of people already there, and the music was extremely extremely loud. We make our way to the kitchen, and grab ourselves a drink. We aren't legally allowed to drink since we're only 18, but who cares. Its a party, I'm gonna drink. Just one small cup.

"Greysoon~ remember me?" A feminine, drunk voice calls out to me, and I turn around.
"Huh? Lia?" Why is she talking to me?
"So like, I don't really like you but do you wanna hook up?" She says, and I look to my side, and notice Juniper's gone. I don't blame her, its a party. She can do whatever the fuck she wants.
"So?" Lia asks again, and I realise I never answered her.
"Um no. I don't." I notice Preston looking at me from across the room, and he looks confused. I realise a perfect opportunity. I'm gonna be the worlds greatest wingman.
"Wait Lia, before you go, I know someone who wants to hook up with you."
"Waiiiit really?~ Omg whoooo?" She says, dragging out every other syllable in her drunkenness. How did she get so drunk in the first 20 minutes?
"My buddy Preston in the corner has the hots for ya."
"Omg Greyson you're literally so cool. Imma go fuck him nowwwwww! Thanks bae!" And with that, she walks away, drink in hand, still sipping away.
I watch the conversation go down, and Lia grabs Preston's arm and drags him away. Before he could go, he mouths: "Thank you!" and I just smirk. I should probably find Juniper. I can't drink any more then a small cup since I'm driving, so its no use being in the kitchen. I stroll around the house, and realise how boring this party is.

Eventually, I give up looking for Juniper, and I head upstairs. I can't stand the noise, and its quieter up here. I find an empty bedroom, and I sit on the floor in the middle of the room. Its 2:30am, so I'll be leaving soon anyway. I hope Juniper didn't get too drunk. Hungover Juniper is like adopting a fluffy white cat and trying to keep your black clothes hair free, if the fluffy white cat was juniper, the fur is her vomit, and your clothes is her bed. Its a bit of a stretch, but it works. I zone out, waiting for at least 20 minutes to pass so I can find Juniper, sneak out of the party, drive home, and sleep, all whilst trying to get away with going to a party without my parents knowing. This party was a flop.

"Hey? Bro?" Two older boys look at me from above as I snap back to reality. I have no idea who they are. I stand up and brush my clothes down. I check the time, and its exactly 2:35.
"Oh. I'm sorry. I was zoned out." I fumble out a reply.
"Nah its cool bro. Could you leave though? We were about to... you know..." One of them says, who then receives and elbow to the stomach from the other.
"You?.. Nevermind. Sorry again. Have...fun?" I say, and speed walk the fuck out of that awkward as shit situation. I walk down the stairs, and set that whole scene aside, and make my priority finding Juniper, which doesn't take too long, as the first place I check was the kitchen, and there she was.

"June. We're leaving."
"Already? Fine." She replies, and I sigh out of complete relief. She's not drunk. We walk to the car, drive home, park the car, go through the door, and to our rooms. So far, so good. I get ready to sleep, and lay in bed.

"We were about to... you know."

The whole scene plays back in my head. They were gonna fuck? Two guys? At a party? So many questions filled my head, and I internally scream at the torture. They were gay? I mean, there's nothing wrong with gay people. It's just, I've never actually seen people in a gay relationship in real life before. I should try googling this again. I open a new tab, and type the words: 'How to know if you are gay?" Then delete it. I'm not gay, I don't need to know that. I type again. 'What's it like to be gay?" I mean, I'm just curious. I scroll for what feels like hours, not finding anything that interests me. I search again. 'Gay and straight but hasn't dated anyone in 8 years? HELP?"