Meeting the husband

I'm lying in my bed.

Not moving, it's quiet here.

I like the time when I've just woken up it's like I'm alone in the world and no one is here.

I'm also half asleep so maybe there's that.

"morning" my mother says walking in and opening the blinds.

I roll over and shove my head under the pillow.

"Tsk tsk Elle! Your husband will be here in 3 hours!"

"That's plenty of time" I muffle deep under the covers.

She grabs my ankles and tugs me out.

"You need to shower you need your hair done your makeup done your dress!! There's so much to do"

"Why? It's not like I'm getting married today" I whine.

"Need I remind you this man is saving our family from a world of pain and-"

"Yeah yeah I know go Ivan or whatever. IM ALSO BEING SHIPPED OFF TO A PSYCHOPATH" I screech.

My mother stands there not blinking or moving...like she's dead.

"Mom?" I call out sitting up.

She jumps and begins pulling things out my closet.

"And you'll need to start packing"

God I forgot I was moving.

"What? Does he live in Russia?"

"He runs the Russian Mafia what do you think?"

I look down feeling stupid.

"He lives in America"

"What?" I ask confused.

"It's a perfect cover he runs the Russian mafia from America it's why his family has never been caught"

"But how does he run it from so far away?"

"Well everyone in his gang knows he will murder their bloodline if they cross him and he frequently goes down to Russia, I'd say once a month for 5 days" she replies.

"Great" i mutter.

Still I suppose I've always wanted to go to America, Spain  is beautiful but...America is the land of promise I swear.

"Up up now go go to the shower and I'll send people up to get you ready"

"Minimal makeup mother please!" I exclaim.

I don't want to feel it caked on my skin.

"Okay my love now go"

I head to the massive shower and exfoliate every crack of my skin. Use all the pretty lotions and my favourite shampoo..apples.

As soon as I walk out there are two girls there.

"I'm Aleah I'm here for hair and she's here for makeup"

"Okay" I say walking down and sitting on my bed.

Mom was right it took them an hour to do my hair and makeup.

My hair is curled and done in a beautiful half up half down hairstyle, you can see the blonde highlights I just had in.

I will admit makeup was good, I look like myself except my features are slightly sharpened.

I like highlight a lot tho.

"I wanted to make sure he could see the freckles on your nose" the girl I now knew was called Rosie told me smiling.