Family drama

"You..stabbed him?" My mother says, she says it calmly but I can hear the hysteria desperate to come out.

"No I cut him..slit his leg" I replied still looking out the window.

"YOU SLIT HIS LEG. IVAN RUSSO. LEADER OF THE RUSSIAN MAFIA. YOUR FUCKING HUSBAND" she screams.

There's the hysteria.

I sigh.

"Mom he shot a bullet into the air you've always taught me not to take bullshit from anyone I'm not stopping now for him" I reply.

"You- he's gonna kill us or call it off or..."

"I think he was probably turned on by it" I say dryly.

I want to go to bed and I need her to leave.

My mother throws her glass of wine at the wall.

I flinch and stare at the broken glass.

She grabs some books from my book nook and starting a throwing them across the room.

"Well I guess we'll have to sell these then. HOW ELSE ARE WE GETTING THE MONEY" she screams.

I stand in horror watching her.

She goes for my vanity next and starts throwing my jewellery across the room.

"STOP" I scream.

I rush forward and drag her away from the jewellery stand. She's still screaming. Not even words just screaming.

Maybe I should have let him shoot me. She couldn't blame me then.

I'm still dragging her out my room when she grabs my plants to support her and they all fall over.

Covering my floor with dirt.

She needs to get out my room or I'm going to lose my shit.

And I do not want to lose my shit tonight.

"GET OUT MY ROOM" I scream shoving her.

We're on the landing now on the 4th floor.

She turns around and shoves me in the direction of thr stairs. I scream and just grab hold of the banister before falling down the fucking stairs.

I run down tears streaming my face.

I'm running so fast I'm tripping all over the place and almost fall the rest of the way down. I keep running until I'm finally on the ground floor.

I rip open the front door and almost run directly into Ivan.

For fucks sake.

I am so grateful it's dark so he can't see the mascara running down my face.

He grabs my arm and pulls me outside.

I don't have the energy to stop him.

I let him drag me into the front yard.

"I will admit I was impressed for 10 seconds after you cut me and then I realised...you fucking cut me." He hisses at me.

I cant even see him.

The tears keep flowing I'm surprised I haven't made a sound yet.

I'm also acutely aware I'm in a black silk slip night gown that barely goes over my ass.

The dirt is making my bare feet filthy and I'm worried I'm going to step on a cactus.

"What nothing to say for yourself? You had a mouth earlier" he growls at me.

He drags me again so I almost trip over.

Except we walk directly under a lamp sconce We have near the gates and sees my face.

He turns to look at my face and pauses.

He pulls me towards him so we're almost chest to chest.

"Why are you crying?"

I shake my head not trusting myself to speak.

"Elle fucking answer me now."

Maybe the venom in his voice is the thing that wakes me up. Either way something does.

"I'm fine" I say harshly rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry I stabbed you ish"

"That can't be why your crying?" He says scoffing slightly.

"No it's not jackass it's not"

"Then why?"

"Family drama"

As if on cue my mother stumbles out the front door still screaming.

We both turn and look at her.

Honestly I'm more embarrassed than anything.

If I was him I'd shoot all of us and find a better family.

"Jesus fucking Christ what the fuck is this?" He asks me.

"She's upset I cut you"

"Her and me both why they fuck is she screaming her head off?" He asks.

He sounds more confused than anything.

"Your asking me? I don't fucking know she just completely trashed my room and now I'm here almost naked talking to YOU"

He gives me a death glare.

I sigh I walk forwards towards my mother.

He grabs me again and pulls me back. All the way to his car?

There's some limo and he opens the door.

"Запри ее, не выпускай, пока я не вернусь" he says to the man before he slams the door.

"NO. LET ME OUT" I yell pounding on the glass.

"NO HES GONNA KILL HER" i shriek.

"тебе так чертовски повезло, что ты ему действительно нравишься, иначе он бы тебя убил"

"What? I don't speak Russian" I say to the driver.

He rolls his eyes.

I watch as Ivan approaches my mother, he says something to her, points to the car and then points to the house.

She stops screaming and looks down as if she's being scolded which is obviously wrong.

He's probably asking if I can go back.

She nods again and he walks to the car.

"Get out the car" I get out.

"What did you-"

"Fixed your mess, more than you deserve. Now get your ass to bed we're getting married in the evening"

"Ivan please"

"Quit bitching in my ear. Go inside. Clean your face you look like a mess" he says a sly grin on his face.

"Fuck you"

"Time-"

"And place yeah yeah I know okay" I say walking off.

"Sleep well baby" he calls out.

I give him the finger.