I hate you

"What's this?" I ask him calmly.

"Elle listen"

"I am listening. Tell me right now."

"We met before..before this"

"Clearly" I reply.

"A couple years ago at a bar I owned I was visiting and one of my men told me you were chatting up the bouncer and distracting him. I went out and I saw this line of people and you were standing up front talking to Jim. I was ready to kill you both when I heard a snippet of your conversation..."

*********************************************

"No no she wants to hear it, it doesn't matter if you
act like you love her or whatever that even means, tell her! Every day If you must!"

I pause, I didn't even know Jim had a girlfriend and now this random girl is giving him advice?

It's almost sweet, but not sweet enough.

"Jim, get to fucking work"

"Sorry Jim guess you got the jackass for the boss" the woman retorts.

Jim smiles slightly at thwy, the acting is enough to make me want to put a bullet in his head.

Slight overreaction.

She turns around fully and I open my mouth a bit.

The most beautiful woman I've ever seen looks at me like I've murdered a batch of puppies.

"I am not a-" I begin to protest but she shakes her head and walks inside.

*********************************************

"Why don't I remember any of this?" I ask him.

"You drank a lot that night, I came over to cut you off, we talked you told me the weirdest shit possibly ever" he explains.

*******************************************

"It makes me so upset" she says looking at me with her big beautiful eyes blurred by tears.

"What does my love?" I ask her signalling to the bar tender not to give her anything else.

"The guys who have to clean this place up, what if they're sad they don't get to go to cool clubs like this?" She says sadly.

"Trust me they do go to cool clubs like this" I say smiling a little.

"How do you know?" She asks reaching in her bag and pulling out a card.

"I own the place" I reply to her as she stares at me.

"Cancel her bill Arty" I call out. He nods.

"Covering my bill and owning a nice club doesn't make you any less of a jackass" she says sweetly.

Seriously?

"Hey can I grab your number?" She asks Arty.

In front of me.

In front of ME.

I'm standing right here, doing all the right things and she goes for Arty?

My kind of woman.

"I cant sorry, Ivan will shoot me, gorgeous" Arty says walking into the back.

She swirls around at me and narrows her eyes.