Bride and Groom

Not edited, you know me xx

*******************************************

"I don't want to make a speech!!" Matteo whines at Phoenix.

"Your my best man, you have too" Phoenix says annoyed.

I took my eyes curling the lady piece of my hair.

"What do I say?"

"Tell a funny story, YOU SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT AGES AGO!" Phoenix yells.

I smile and quickly walk away.

Back in my room I slip on my dress.

I add my gold hoops and look out the window, everyones gathering some I quickly head outside

The ceremony is beautiful, the bride is stunning.

I maybe even tear up a little.

Everyone's makes their way to the carefully laid out tables under the beautiful sun and eat.

I eat in the same table as all my friends from high school, we all talk.

It's good to catch up.

Then the speeches start, the brides father does great, the maid of honour does great.

Even Matteo seems to pull something out.

It's Phoenix's speech that gets me.

"I never thought I'd get the luxury to marry someone I truly loved, I never thought I'd be lucky enough to stand here and enjoy every second of this, to make a speech and mean every word. But I do. And I am. I am that lucky. And now standing here I realise love isn't a luxury. It should not only be given the to best of us, we all deserve to be loved and in love. I love you more than the world itself Sophia. And I believe I always will. I hope all of you find that someone" he says before cheering to the crowd.

My cheeks are soaking wet.

I politely and discreetly excuse myself before running inside.

I slide down the wall and sob.

I let it all out.

Because this is not what I imagined my life to be like when I was a little girl.

I wanted a choice in the matter.

I say in Who I love.

I wanted to be in loved.

And be loved.

And maybe some weak part of me knows I am in love with him. With Ivan.

But I never ever wanted it to be this way.

I never wanted it to be forced.

Would I have loved him if I had met him differently?

Who knows.