Sectet agent

I open my eyes to see a cute adorable butt on my chest.

I blink rapidly and see one of the two puppies I stole sleeping on my chest.

The other is on my leg.

I smile a little looking around at the fucking van I currently live in.

I love my life, never ever a dull moment.

I slide out of bed and pour some dog food and medicine on the floor before climbing into the front seat and looking through the clothes.

Elliot has amazing style these are all super cute winter outfits I won't die of hypothermia in.

I pick up the paper he left for me, he told me to read it in the "house" he got me after I returned from Ivan's house.

It gives me instructions on what to do.

"I thought Ivans whole thing was he lived in America and ran the Russian mafia from afar, and now he lives here?" I say to the two puppies who are sitting on the floor staring at me.

I need to name them.

I stare at them both.

The injured one I saved is a brown colour and his friend is white.

They look the same, like they could be related.

Cousins maybe.

Hmmm.

"Chocolate and milk" I say out loud.

They both tilt they're head to look at me.

I shake my head.

No that's too weird.

"Craig and Greg" i say laughing.

They run to me and sit.

"No no, that's not your names no. Don't accept that" I plead.

Craig, the injured one wags his tail.

"NO" I plead as they jump clearly re born as Craig and Greg.

"Oh my god" I say laughing at the two little pups I now would sell my soul for.

I go back to the letter and read

Elle,

If your reading this I'll be glad to know you didn't die in there as I suspected. If you are in fact alive my theory Ivan still cares for you would be correct. Unfortunately I will no longer be able to help you, you see I have my own family, my wife,  I need to care for. I won't be returning to Russia any time soon but Elle in the time we spent together I have, clearly, come to care for you. Which is why I will do my hardest to help you. I have known Ivan for a long time, since we were both teenagers. I have seen him be corrupted by the death and violence around him, I have also seen the person he became when you were present in his life. That person wasn't a mafia leader, wasn't an assassin. It was Ivan. My favourite version of him. And in your absence he has fallen into chaos again. Power is and always will be temporary, it will be taken from him, sooner than it should. The people he works with are blood thirsty, mad psychopaths and they will either drag Ivan down to darkness or eliminate him. Perhaps I am a fool to believe you still care about him but it's what I believe nether the less, you have to save him Elle. He has loved you for years, I don't believe he ever stopped. If you can't get him to leave this organisation out of love for you, then force him out.  

I pause blinking, I am truly confused.

Force him out?

I read the little bit left.

You are powerful, and intelligent and you command respect by anyone you talk too. I whole heartedly believe you will be able to force him out. And yes, by force him out I mean out manoeuvre him. Get yourself on the inside, pretend to join the group. Pretend to be one of them. And take them down from the inside.

- Elliot.

My jaw is on the floor.

Greg barks.

"What do you say Greg? Feel like being a secret agent?"

He barks again wagging his tail.

That's a yes then.