No room to grovel on.

"I'm nervous!" I say sitting in the sink applying some mascara while I try not to sweat the makeup on my face off.

Today is my first business meeting as a partner to Ivan.

I am literally shitting it.

I glance at the mirrors behind me and straighten.

I look like a hunchback.

My feet are in the massive sink, I'm basically in the huge sink my face all up close to the mirror.

"Don't be nervous no one's gonna disrespect you" Ivan says reassuringly leaning against the counter next to me scratching Greg.

Who he swears he doesn't love but he let both those little fluffs climb into bed with us and said nothing.

"Well maybe not like literally but they'll think it! They're gonna THINK I'm stupid"

"Then you will show them your not, baby you can handle this 100% you got this" Ivan says coming up behind me kissing my shoulder.

I smile a little and crawl off the sink.

"Listen being in the meetings is actually shit you don't need to listen to anything until you hear the words weapons then clock in" he says grabbing my hand and taking me down stairs.

"Okay" i breathe out.

I step into the conference room and blink.

4 men stare back at me, absolutely no women.

I steel my expression and force my eyes to be icy as I walk into my seat next to Ivan.

"Mr Russo, Miss..Winters" one of the men say nodding.

I forgot my name went back to winters in the divorce.

"Max" Ivan says calmly.

I listen for a bit but they're talking about stocks I don't care about to I decide to tune out what they're saying and observe them.

They're all in their 40s, all married by the rings, all faithful? Doubt it.

They hate Ivan I can see that in the way they look at him when he speaks, but they all respect him too.

Jealousy I believe.

They all look at me like I'm some stupid bimbo who walked into the wrong room.

I don't think so.

"And so now the questions of weapons comes to play" one of the men say.

I snap my attention back to the conversation.

"Mm" Ivan says.

"Ivan we have all helped you take down these other organisations, and yet you get all the weapons..or at least most. How is that fair?" He argues.

I glance at Ivan.

"Because, William, if you did not have my assistance in taking down the groups you would have failed. Why shouldn't I receive the most weapons, we split money equally don't we?" He replies.

I smile a little, good play.

William notices and glares at me.

"We want a fair share Ivan, if not on the weapons at least on the men. You get 50% of the people we bargain for and we get the rest of the 50% sure, to split 4 ways."

Ivan looks at him and I see him tap his leg under the table, he's nervous.

"Excuse me William, would you be so kind to remind me what country you represent here?" I ask sweetly.

He glared at me and all the other men look at me.

He's silent.

"It's common courtesy to answer questions when asked, William"

"I represent the Italian Mafia, Miss"

I nod, and look at the other man.

"And you sir? You represent...?"

"The cartel Miss Winters"

I look at the Max expectantly.

"French Mafia"

My eyes go onto the final man.

"American Mafia, or well, South America"

"Right right, and we represent the Russian mafia, the largest country in the world, land wise. And we also have control over all North America too. So we have the largest land to protect and control which we need men to do. And we need to defend all of our land with the weapons. So of course statistically we get more. Because we have more." I say.

"But that's not-" Williams begins to say.

"Fair? No I know it's not fair. But l don't care about what's fair. I run two of the largest mafia organisations in the world. I am..partners with the most feared assassin in the world. And I am the daughter of one of the most respected mafia bosses in the world. So unfortunately, William, you not having enough men and weapons to play with is not on my radar." I reply.

His mouth opens and closes like an ugly fish.

Ivan smirks, satisfied.

Max shakes his head.

"The point of an alliance is that our names are supposed to be on your radar Miss Winters"

"Absolutely, I suppose maybe this alliance will come to an end then. But that would be inconvenient no? Because well we'd have to call back the couple million we lent to you Max, and I suppose the men we stationed in Italy will come back to us, and I suppose we won't assist in the smuggling of drugs anymore for the cartel. I also suppose we will have to break the peace treaty between the USA Huh?" I say annoyed.

Ivan looks at me waiting.

The men exchange worried glances.

"You see boys? You need us. Your nothing impressive without us. You don't have room to grovel with. So sit tight, be nice and maybe we can work something out. Or maybe we won't bother and I can go back upstairs and take a shower and you can scramble to keep your economy's booming. So what's it gonna be?"

"We...we will do fine with what we have" William says quietly.

"What we have provided to you" Ivan corrects him taking his hand.

The men rise and shake my hand as they leave.

I then turn to look at Ivan deflating.

"WELL?"

"Well they definitely all hate you, but they all definitely respect you. You did great baby. I was terrified shitless and I've seen you scream over a spider."

"Shut your mouth Ivan it was fucking huge."

"Mm" he says pulling me into a hug and kissing me.

"I'm proud of you"