Chapter 17

Pete's POV

"Why did you come out of Vegas' gate?"
Khun Noo asked me.

"Well, Khun Noo...it's a long story. You see I---"

"Pete? Pete!" Huh? Who's that? I try to find the owner of the voice.

I look back at Khun Noo's direction to see that he's gone.

"Ouch!" I cover my eyes because the room is too bright.

"Lin, he's awake!" Grandma?

"Pete, are you alright? what happened?"
Lin asked me.

I'm still in my room but it's already morning or is it noon? What happened?

"Where's Khun Noo?" I ask her, confused.

"Huh?'Sit down first, Pete." She guided me to sit. 

"It looks like you've been hallucinating. You've been talking gibberish since earlier.  You were drugged, weren't you? Do you remember how and why?"

My head hurts. I was hallucinating?

"Lin, does that mean Khun Noo did not come here?"

I had an inkling that we were drugged but those hallucinations felt so realistic!

"No, no one came here. Just you. You took my car, remember?"

Wait a minute! So if I was just hallucinating then that means it's possible none of the things in my memory happened, right? I mean, my memory if twisted, I was hallucinating, and so it's possible I didn't go to Vegas' house and tell him I had a crush on him.

Shia, this might be my luckiest day ever! But then...why do I still feel a stinging sensation on my neck? Is it accurate that I got shot with a tranquilizer gun?

"Lin, do you think I got drugged when I got off your car? I'm not sure if I'm right but in my memory, I was shot in the nape by a tranquilizer gun."

Lin looked serious as she checked my nape.

"Yes, Pete. It's possible. And it looks like you realy were shot with drugs using a tranquilizer gun but why? Should we go to a hospital and get you checked?" Ugh why is Lin so fond of hospitals? I'm not!

"No, I'm fine."
I bite my lower lip. Was Vegas really with me when I got shot with drugs last night and did he get shot too? Right now I'm sure Khun Noo and Khun Macao aren't here and I dreamt it all but Vegas? Is he alright? Did I meet him last night or not?

"Lin, grandma, did you find me alone?"

I ask. I hope Vegas wasn't there with me for two reasons. First, I wish my confession was just a dream and second, I hope he's safe.

"Pete, you were not alone. You were with---"

"Khun Lao! You were with Khun Lao, lying together in the dusty street! I was so worried about you, baby. I'm glad you're alright!" Grandma interrupted.

Fudge! Is he okay?

"Yes, Pete he woke up a lot sooner than you. He went back to his house a few minutes ago to make some phonecalls. Which reminds me, he said to tell him if you're awake. I should go to him."

"Lin, no. Don't tell Vegas. It's alright. He'll find out later anyway" I tell her. Ugh please don't call him! I'm too embarrassed.

"Does he remember anything?" I ask

"He does but we want to hear your side too so we can piece the story together"
Wait, I should go and cook something"
grandma says before she leaves Lin and I.