Chapter 19

Pete's POV
"Can you help me find my nanny?"

"Yes"

But then...should I really help Vegas find his nanny?

I feel a little uneasy thinking about that.
What if all my ideas were correct? Or what if they're wrong? I don't even know what's scarier.

Vegas, Khun Kinn and Porsche all went to meet the bodyguards they've called on to be on the island for extra protection. They should be back anytime now.

I look at my drawers with the glossy papers again. I guess you could say that Vegas went here to find his nanny now that his father is gone but then, with a guy like Vegas, you can't be so sure about his intentions. He's too sly. Still, I am tired of being scared. Maybe it's time I get to choose for myself. Vegas is right after all. With the kind of world we both live in, it wouldn't be a surprise if any of us drop dead right here and now.

I grab all the glossy papers from my drawer. I'll just take it with me and directly talk to Vegas about it when they arrive. I grab a reusable bag that grandma uses when she goes to the market and put the papers there so no one suspects anything. This is not official business anyway so maybe Khun Kinn wouldn't mind even if they were to know I was helping Vegas with his nanny.

I hear car engines. They must be here.

I go outside and wait by Vegas' door. I don't think it would be so bad to tell Vegas what I suspect. I didn't notice Vegas already arrived.

"Why are you here? Didn't I tell you to just stay home?" I hear Vegas speak as he drags someone with him.

Oh. Khun Macau. He went after his brother after all.

"I heard you got drugged. I haven't seen you in almost a month and I was bored at home. We're on school break too!" The younger of the two answered.

I think it's fun how Vegas just lets Khun Macau be. Khun Macau being exempt from responsibility and harm makes me think Vegas isn't a hundred percent bad, just ninety-nine percent.

I should come out to greet him.

"And what about the oldest cousin's head bodyguard? I overheard them talking. They said you were trying to get with him."

Oh. I shouldn't come out to greet them yet, then. Should I listen and hide?

"It's not like that" Vegas answers. Huh. That's confusing.

"What do you mean, Hia?" Khun Macau seemed surprised.

"Oh come on. Do you think I'm the romantic type? You think I'd seek a relationship with anyone? Let alone a loyal guard dog from the main family's empoyee list?" Vegas said and it seemed to leave his younger brother speechless.

Me? I feel like my intestines are getting twisted. It's not like I didn't suspect it. It's just that...I think a part of me wanted to believe him too.

"I mean...sure. I think he looks decent. Even I thought I could like him for real...hahaha" Vegas suddenly busted out laughing "but then I'm too twisted for that, don't you think?" Khun Macau still couldn't say anything we both stood where we are, unmoving as Vegas continued to slap his own knee while laughing. It's not like I was blind. It's not like I was uninformed of his nature

Damn. He really is good at this game.

"Do you want to use him against the second cousin?" Khun Macau finally spoke.

"Even better, I'm using him for my own pleasure. If I get to fuck him just one time, I'll probably be uninterested. I'm curious, that's all. Besides, I need him to help me find someone. His gullible ass might actually help me. Do you know what he said? He said he has a crush on me." Vegas continued laughing like it was the biggest joke he's heard in his life.