Chapter 32

TW: ANGST, OC DEATH

"How many guards do they have on them?" Pete was taking the lead as Vegas shook slightly, not knowing what to do. He thought of Macau and the possibility of losing him. His brother. His anchor.

"There were five of us. Two unfortunately did not make it. There are three of us left, Pete. Two were left to protect Khun Macau while I got sent here to call for backup." The bodyguard kept talking while walking with Pete and Vegas who wasted no time dressing up.

"And Lin?" Pete asks

"She...she told us to leave her. She was tied up and in bad shape. There seems to be no hope she would..."

Pete's eyes went sad for a moment while thinking of her bestfriend's possible demise but he held it in. There was no time for him to be sad. He had to move if he wanted to save Macau and hopefully, Lin too.

"How many guards do we have left here?" Pete asked while gearing up and helping Vegas do the same.

"There are only sixty left. Some were sent to Bangkok for some errands, some are on vacation, and some went to China for training. There were about thirty men who attacked us but we got to kill some of them" the guard answered. Pete noticed the parade of bodyguards following them were really more or less that number

"Get the boats ready. We'll bring thirty guards. The other thirty will guard the premises of the island, some should wait just in case Macau gets here first." Pete commanded and the line of bodyguards who appeared in front of them started to split up automatically in teams. Pete stares at Vegas who, although alert, let Pete lead his guards. Pete wanted to comfort him but there was no time. Macau and Lin needs them so he settled with putting an arm around Vegas' shoulder and giving it a firm squeeze.

"Let's go." That was Pete's command as the engine's of the boats started, muting all voices except the ones in their heads. Pete was worried for Lin, Macau, and Vegas in case what they find in the island where the two was taken would be...although hopefull not...tragic.

"Fuck it." Pete muttered because the island was too quiet. Vegas guided the guards and Vegas into their positions. Pete was in front, two sharp shooters beside him, the others split up, while a lot of the guard walked behind Pete, keeping Vegas in the middle.

Suddenly, there were gunshots where some bodyguards headed to. Pete was alert and Vegas was too although he couldn't make a soun.

Pete hand-signed for everyone to get to their positions, the bodyguards followed his lead. Soon, they sighted two men they did not recognize running to their boats with guns, limping and looking injured. That was the sign of defeat. Their mission failed and there are no more of them there.

"Stop!" One of their bodyguards yelled at the men. Pete ran to their direction along with Vegas and the other bodyguards.

"Get them!" Vegas commanded but as soon as he did and before the bodyguards could even come close, the men who looked like foreigners took out their guns, put it in their mouths and ended their lives before they could be used as witnesses.

"We found them! Lin and Khun Macau, they're there!" It was one of their bodyguards who yelled and Vegas automatically ran to their direction. Pete followed him.

What greeted them was a sight that made any of Vegas' previous experiences with killing and watching people die look like child's play. Macau was crying trying to remove the ropes from Lin's wrists. Lin's head was bowed down, blood all over her motionless body, her trousers were a mess like they were forcefully removed from her body, her shirt ripped, and her hands were tied behind her, around a tree. Three lifeless bodyguards just lying around them with about tens of men's lifeless bodies.