Chapter 30 🔞

Warning: 🔞

MACAU

"Macau, you have to focus on the target, okay? You know how to hold and use a gun. Now try not to miss a target" Doctor Lin is instructing me as she stood behind, holding my arms in place. How can I focus like this?

"Shoot the moving ones. Try not to even miss one. Just try. Go!" She was looking at her timer and me. I kept looking for a reaction from her everytime I hit a target.

"Macau, focus. You can't be like this. In real battle, you can't just put the targets back to the wire. You'll be shot if you keep looking elsewhere." She was shaking her head like a strict teacher. She's so cool!

"Doctor Lin, just save me when there's trouble, okay?" I walk towards her and I grab her arm and shook it. "Just save me, na, na, na?" She just shakes her head and laughs.

"Hey. What are we supposed to do when you're like this?" She asks while she pinches my cheek.

"You have to learn to fight, Macau. What if I'm not with you? What if the bodyguards aren't with you? You have to be strong on your own as well, okay?" She pats me on the head and we proceed to train. If I'm being honest, I know how to fight better than I let on. I'm accurate with targets too. It's just that it's fun to be tutored by doctor Lin.

"Oh. Just always be with me so we don't have this problem, then!" She ignores me and fixes the targets.

"Hey, doc!" I show her a finger heart. My classmates love to make this pose and they say girls love it.

"What will you do when I die? Oh my, I became a mother to a teenager at such a young age!" She shakes her head at me again.

Mother?!!!!

PETE 

"Are you alright?" I ask as I drag Vegas farther into the pool. Vegas nods but he does not answer.

"Vegas, you didn't look this scared when you ride boats. Are you sure you're alright?" I'm not sure if he's really ready to learn how to swim. His lips have gone pale, bearing the same color as his face.

"I'm alright, Pete" he's definitely failing at convincing me but then again, only Vegas knows whether or not he's ready and to be honest, I want him to learn how to swim as soon as possible.

"Alright. Let's try with the basics. Let me know if at any point you feel scared or uncomfortable , okay?"

"I feel so protected, Pete" Vegas says playfully. I just smile at him. I'm trying to avoid making him tense up.

"Okay, now bend your knees and submerge your torso in the water" Vegas follows.

"Now stand back up and bend your knees again until the water reaches your chin." I notice him lifting his chin up instead of letting it submerge in the water.

"Are you okay? Can you dip your whole face into the pool?" I ask as I hold onto his shoulder. He's obviously having difficulties.

"Breathe in ans then when you submerge yourself in the water, exhale with your nose. The move is called bubbling because you'll make bubbles. Get it?" I tried to make him laugh but he doesn't. Vegas tried to do as he was told but by the third time, he looked really pale and dazed out.

"Vegas, stop. Stop it." He looked really dazed out as he dips his head into the water repeatedly, looking scared but he continues like a robot.

I pull him to the side of the pool but his wide eyes have no reaction, like an actor in a movie who just witnessed someone get hit by a train.

"Stay here, I'll grab you some water and a towel." I let him lean on the railing of the pool as I motioned to leave.

"Don't go. Don't leave me." He grabbed my arm without looking my way.