Chapter 23

NARRATION:

Vegas and Macau were getting ready at 8 in the evening. Macau, to go to a party and Vegas preparing his stuff to look for his nanny in the morning

"Macau, I'm going somewhere tomorrow. I'm going to start looking for nanny." Vegas said while preparing his things like he was going on a camping trip. There was water, food, clothes, tools, and guns. He can't forget his weapons. Macau only nodded

"Remember what I told you. Don't hang around Lin . You can't trust her" Vegas says sternly to his younger brother but he earns no response

"Macau, do you understand?" He asks for an answer

"I do that's why I'm saying I would bring bodyguards with me to her party tonight." Macau said while smiling

"So you'll still go?" Vegas is running out of patience

"It's just...I don't think she's out to get us, Hia. I don't think she can be that kind of person" Macau sighs

"Macau, you have to listen to me. You remember what I told you? She even said there were seven of us. Seven grandchildren, and told me to stay alive so I find out who she is. I thought I told you. Just please trust me on this one. I'll just find nanny and we'll get out of this shithole. Just don't do anything stupid for the time being" his words looked like it offended Macau but Vegas shrugs it off as he continues to make sure he would be bringing everything he would need for tomorrow.

"She could have been bluffing or joking or  you could be right but...with Pete there are no buts, ors, and ifs? We both know for a fact that he is on the enemy's side, confirmed fact! Something he didn't even hide from you but it's you! It's you who seek him out like a suitor! Don't even lie to me, Hia. That thing where you chase after Pete and try to impress him, that's courting! So don't call me stupid because you're way worst!"

"That's it, you little shit! Come here!" Vegas suddenly slams a towel he was holding to the floor and walked briskly towards Macau.

Macau tried his best to run as far and as fast as he could while talking

"You're not very smart too but did you hear me complain? You don't like Lin because of a hunch but you want Pete to help you find your nanny? Why, can't afford a tour guide? Don't have bodyguards? It's obvious that you're a dumber ass! I should just get organizers to fix up the wedding venue!

"Oh, that's right, he won't accept you. It's a one-sided love story! You're delusional and thinks he has a crush on you." Macau continues to run but Vegas eventually catches up to him. He gulps.

"Oh no! Hia, don't come near.  I was only kidding. Don't beat me up, I just powdered my face!" Macau wanted to run some more but Vegas had already caught him in a chokehold.

"Did you powder your neck too, little idiot?" Macau kept squirming and then continued to cough when Vegas let him go and shoved him to the floor. He wanted to stand up and have a proper fight with Vegas but he had little knowledge and no experience with fighting so he opted for intimidating glares. 

"Fine, then" Vegas said

"Fine what?" Macau was still coughing while he asked

"Fine, I'm going with you." Vegas said and Macau's face immediately drops. 

"No, Hia. I'll be home before midnight, I promise." Vegas' eyebrows rise and now he wants to go even more and so he does, despite Macau throwing his fists downward, angrily trying to poke holes in in the air. Macau was careful not to disclose what kind of party he was going to. His brother is absolutely NOT invited!