CHAPTER 36 🔞

Vegas can't believe his luck. So many things happened over the course of just a few months.

His father died, he was stripped of his title, the businesses he worked his ass on for years got taken away from him (except for his house), he found the bodyguard who spied on him and hacked his computer, he followed said bodyguard to his hometown, he learned how fun it was to tease him and scare him by using his grandma as a bait, but then Vegas grew fond of his grandmother which made Pete suspicious and then Vegas started getting physically attracted to him, and then he found out how amazing Pete's character was, how kind he was, how considerate he was of everyone's feelings, even Vegas'. Vegas then fell uncontrollably in love with him.

Vegas sighs. What the fuck? What a rollercoaster.

Aside from following him to the island to mess with him, he also went there on a mission. He'd find his nanny. What he found was something else, though. It's as if that island had some sort of magic, or curse, call it how you see it. He eventually found out his Demon of a grandfather left him to inherit his position. The Supreme Leader, they called him. It may be the highest seat of power, if only everyone wasn't trying to plant a bullet in his head.

Lin, Pete's best friend on the island happened to be the daughter of Vegas' nanny and Vegas' guardian to the throne. Lin, who the main family tortured so bad and what's worse, Macau had to see someone he admired get treated that way and it ruined the boy for good, Vegas knows. Vegas sighs again. He'd tell Pete more about Lin when he gets back. He just has something else to do now.

It hasn't even been 48 hours since Vegas got ambushed. Pete's grandmother had been tricked to come to Bangkok by someone pretending to be Vegas. His grandma called Vegas when she arrived in Bangkok and Vegas, without a second thought, came to her rescue. A few minutes in and bullets were flying everywhere. He tried his very best to protect the woman, which clearly got him rewarded by the universe.

Amid the ambush, Pete suddenly decided to switch sides and elope with Vegas. Truly, if Vegas did not know any better, he'll think he's being trapped and cornered, and that Pete is part of the scheme to hurt him but then, Vegas couldn't explain.

His father would surely say he's a fool but a very strong force inside him knows that Pete is true to him, and his grandma loves him. He loves them too, so much. So much that they've now become two of the very few people he'd protect with all his rotten being. It makes him weak, yet unbelievably strong that he's sure he'd stay alive just so he could protect them.

And strong he will be.

Vegas looks back at the door of his house. He hears a bit of grandma's voice scolding Pete over the food which makes him smile. Really, he never expected the turn of events, but he would not have it any other way.

How did his life come to this? Now he has more love in his life than he's ever had, more than he thought he was capable of giving and receiving. He and Macau have more people to be with.

Vegas wiped the happy grin off his face walked to the car and commanded his driver to replace it with a colder, more determined look. Now more than ever, he wanted to show the main family who they really messed with. If at some point, Vegas wanted to give up being the Supreme Leader to trade it for security from the Main Family, that phase in his life has completely disappeared. He will take the role if that's what is takes; for everyone to remember why the evilest men in Thailand refer to Vegas Theerapanyakul as the Devil himself.

Kinn did not know what to do. Obviously, there was an ambush because Vegas had seemingly been involved in the ongoing corruption of the company funds for the weaponry deal in Mexico. On top of that, he had tried to kidnap Pete's grandmother, for sure, just to rile Kinn up. And by a fucking miracle, Vegas managed to convince Pete to go with him. Vegas probably used his grandmother as bait. Fucking Vegas and his schemes. Now Pete is in danger.