Chapter 29

KINN AND KIM:

"What are you talking about?" Kinn asked Kim, not understanding what bis younger brother is saying.

"I said I'll help you, both in business and in your love conquest." Kim answered, leaning against a chair in Kinn's room.

"Have you lost your mind?" Kinn said, finding it hard to believe his little brother who, all these years, seemed to have no interest in the business and what love conquest? Does he know Kinn likes Pete?

"I've done my research. There's a huge probability Vegas is the Supreme Leader's heir. If my analysis is correct, he's just trying to hide it for now, waiting for the meeting to announce it. If he does, allies will be swarming to his side, the frozen assets will be unlocked and granted to him, as well as the power and authority to check and balance the Minor and Major families.

In short, his assets and power will rise about ten times higher than the Major family's. I'm not a sucker for this business but you know where this is going, don't you? He hates us. He'll have what it takes to bring us all down. Why the hell wouldn't he? Of course, he'd probably do all that and then snatch Pete away. Unless...unless you can help it" Kim explains and Kinn thinks. He thinks hard about the things he's heard just now.

"What do you want me to do?" Kinn curiously asks.

"I have a plan." Kim's face switches to a triumphant expression.

PETE's POV:

Out of all the things Vegas will ask grandma to make me do...

I can't help but sigh as I lower the bait, waiting for a fish to bite while Vegas clumsily tries to follow what I do while bundled up in a life jacket and floaties on both of his arms, courtesy of grandma who just learned Vegas couldn't swim. He definitely looks like a curious kid right now. Sometimes I wonder what's in Vegas' mind all the time. He has way too many personalities that I cannot keep up. Most of the time I just leave it alone. I may not survive after knowing his real thoughts, the crazy asshole.

"I caught something!" He beamed. It's probably some seaweed or his fishing rod just got stuck on some debris under. There's no way he can catch a fish before me. I'm an expert at this.

"Look!" He pulled and I see it.

"Woah you really did catch one. Are you lying to me? You said you've never gone fishing before." I look at him feeling suspicious.

"No, I can't even swim. You think I like water so much?" He asks me while trying to remove the hook from the fish's mouth. I took over that for him because he was having some difficulty.

"That's right. Why do you always insist on boating with me when you can't swim? Aren't you afraid of drowning?" I've always felt curious, but I only get to ask him now.

"You'll probably save me anyway." He shrugs

"And what if I'm not able to? Like what if I get drifted far away by the waves? I swear." Vegas lifted a corner of his mouth in a smirk.

"That won't happen. And don't worry. I have a life vest, and floaters on. I won't drown" He assured.

"You should consider learning how to swim." I mumble

"Only if YOU teach me." Hmm. Should I? I used to be a swimming instructor in my teens before I became a bodyguard. I think I can

"But where will I teach you? You wouldn't want any of your cousins and their bodyguards knowing you can't swim, right? You should just go back to Bangkok as soon as possible and learn there."

"Without you?" He raises an eyebrow

"Yes. You should go and train as soon as possible. You're going to need it since you have that ring to protect. It's not like we're conjoined twins." I brush off his whining.