Chapter 25

Author's notes:

This is a really long chapter. I hope you all like it. Sorry for updating late. I've been re-reading your comments to make myself happier all these times. Thank you so much for your reading, liking, commenting and overall, supporting, guys!

PETE's POV:

"EVERYONE GET READY AND BOW DOWN BEFORE THE SUPREME LEADER"

I look at Vegas and he wasn't moving, not even blinking.

Lin crouched down and held Vegas' hand as she looked at him.

"Welcome home, Jelly" Lin smiled at him

"Me?" Vegas seemed too puzzled.

"No. Pete" Lin said while rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"Of course it's you, Vegas"

"Don't shit around and lie to my face!" Vegas yells at Lin and yanks his hand out of Lin's

"I wish I were. Unfortunately, I've been your secret friend/sister for a while now" Lin answers. I still couldn't process that it was Vegas all along. Had he found out sooner, I wonder what could have happened.

"I could explain everything to you but I'm going to give you some space to think. They're our guards, by the way. All of them. Just approach me if you're ready to listen to my explanation." She calls for the guards to stand up and go to their specific stations.

"What about Macau?" Vegas suddenly stands and goes to Khun Macau's direction.

"He's awake. Or he was. Is he asleep?" Lin looked confused but followed Vegas anyway.

I remain seated. I don't know if I should be here listening to all these. I don't even know if everything's true.

"Macau!" Vegas violently shakes his brother. Khun Macau opens his eyes, looking drowsy.

"Oh, sorry." He said. "See, Hia. I told you she was cool!" Khun Macau said while smiling. Vegas and I did not find it funny. Not one bit. Lin seemed to have noticed

"Whenever you're ready, I'll be here to answer your questions. I'll leave you two to talk first. Wanna come with me, Pete?" Lin turned to me and I walk with her to the beach.

"Lin, what the fuck is happening? What's all this? Who the heck are you?" I can't help but snap at her. This is not just confusing but also annoying. She smiles an apologetic smile.

"I've always known who Vegas was. I couldn't tell you even though you're my best friend. I'm sorry." She said

"Of course you should be sorry. Do you realize how crazy this is? Assuming you're telling the truth, isn't it crazy to go through these lengths? To torture Vegas' mind. What if he killed you, Lin? You know he's capable of that!" I feel so stressed out

"I know, Pete but I figured he wouldn't do that before finding out who I was."

"And who are you exactly, Lin?"

"I'm his guardian. I'm supposed to keep him alive until he officially sits on his throne next year." I shake my head. Too much information.

"It's all part of the plan. I'm not allowed to let him have it easy. He had to work hard to get here. That was the rule, Pete. Besides, I had to track him down to protect him. Do you know how many people came here to kill him when he brought no bodyguards? That one time Rob was there to harm you, he could have harmed him too! If I got there late you both would be dead by now" She said.

"So that was you?" Obviously. I just had to ask

She didn't answer

"Why did you stress him out, then? He said you were acting crazy and playing mind-games with him."