Chapter 2: 7 years later..

Hey guys! Sorry that I have been inactive recently! I have been busy with school 😓. But I edited the previous chapters so it would make sense since I changed the character's name to something else and didn't update that on the bio/intro 😅

Without further a do, let's get on with the story!

----------------------------------------------

Akahina POV

(Lyras song from fairy tail)
🌾🌾🌾🌾
Umareru kotoba

Kieyuku kotoba

Anata no naka ni

Ikitsuzukeru kotoba

Tachchidomari sono toki

Yuuki he to kawaru

Saa arukidasou

Ano toki yori

Anata wo tsuyoku natteiru kara

Mou mayowanaide

Ano toki no kotoba wo

Shinjite

For some reason, this was the only song that I remember from my childhood. I couldn't recall what my birth parents looked like. Did I have siblings? What did they look like?

I was taken into the Kinuhime family when I was 5 years old. I knew the owners or my 'parents' of the household are not my biological parents, but they have treated me as if I were their own child. For that I am grateful.

The Kinuhime family was well known throughout generations as an aristocratic family that hunted level E vampires. They only terminated those deemed of losing their sanity, otherwise vampires would be left alone. They only sought to eliminate threats deemed harmful for society. Massing killings of humans would only bring terror.

As I had entered this family, I have been trained in every form of self defense, martial arts, and wielding a weapon of any sort. This was so I could carry out the Kinuhime family's name. I am their sole child as that my mother, Liara, is unable to produce a heir.

But we love each other regardless. We were both humans after all (😉).

I always wondered to myself, who my birth parents were. Did they abandon me? Was I unloved?

Before I was taken into the Kinuhime family, my parents, Itachi and Laira, had found me unconscious in the snow. Unable to leave a vulnerable child by herself, they decided to take me in. They tried looking for my birth parents, but couldn't find any family to have reported for a missing child. I guess because nobody seemed to claim me, I was abandoned. That was when I was adopted into the Kinuhime family.

The only thing I had with me that night was a beautiful pastel purple choker adorned with a white rose. It was my most prized possession that I dearly loved. I could feel that this necklace was special and I was determined to find out why.

Laira POV

"Akahina! Please come down here!" I yelled from the living room.

"One moment mother!" I heard Akahina reply as she slowly made her entrance into the room, where my husband and I were waiting for her.

"Hello father; mother, what is all the fuss about?" Akahina questioned as she curiously saw how sad I looked.

"Akahina, as you may know, this family is a prestige household known for being vampire hunters," my husband started off.

"Because of this, we want you to have some independence, as well as taking on the task of eliminating all the level Es around Cross Academy. Recently there has been signs that many level Es gathering there. For what purpose? We don't know. We want you to socialize with other teens your age, as well as figure out why there are level Es roaming around there. Therefore, we have enrolled you into the Sun dorms where you will become a guardian, monitoring the aristocrat vampires in the moon dorms, as well as any suspicious activity outside the school grounds. The headmaster has been informed about our decision," Itachi concluded, informing Akahina of our decision.

"Oh Akahina, my beloved daughter, this was a very hard decision for us to make, but we thought that this would be a good experience for you. I hope you won't hate us.." I looked at her apologetically.

"Father, mother. I will happily go," Akahina stated without hesitation.

"Good. You'll leave in the morning. I had the maids begin packing your things. The headmaster will be expecting you in the afternoon. And Akahina dear,if you ever do feel home sick, please visit us," Itachi stated softly, watching as his little girl was finally growing up.

TIME SKIP

Akahina POV

It was already morning and I bid my parents farewell before I left for Cross Academy.

As the car reached its destination, I looked in awe. The structure of the school was beautiful. Taking in the beautiful scenery, I was brought back to reality when my chauffeur excused himself to carry my luggage to my dorm. I decided to walk around the campus to soak in the beautiful architecture of the campus before speaking with the headmaster.

I took a deep breath before mustering the courage to get out of the car.

This is it.

I slowly stepped out the car carefully making sure that my black cloak covered my face and body frame.

Why do I wear this?

From whenever I could remember, I was always praised by so many people for my beauty. I really believe I'm average, but I guess not in the eyes of other. I was always so tired of boys chasing after me, and girls pretending to be my friends. Being pretty is a trivial matter to fuss over, but I suppose that's how society is.

In order to escape from this, I hide my outer appearance from others. People usually leave me alone thinking I'm hideous or something. But as long as nobody is bugging me, I don't mind wearing it even if I garner curious gazes from others.

As I walked closer to the school grounds, I stopped in front of the school gates before taking a step in.

Welcome to my new life.

----------------------------------------------

So if you've been paying attention, there might be some things of confusion.

First of all, she is human atm. So she lost her memories, but Rido wasn't the one that suppressed her vampire genes. Someone or something is responsible for that to happen.

How? Now that remains a secret :p

Secondly, the song that she could only remember plays a vital role in future events 😆.

I do hope you all enjoy this update !