Chapter 7: Memory

Stuck in my car for 6 hours..so why not update! Going home after spending my weekend in LA ✌🏻️.
I bet everyone is eager for the next chapter and I decided to make Shiki Senri apart of the love triangle! He's my favorite character of VK (he's so cute omfg) & it's befitting since he's her half cousin (son of Rido)!
Without further a do, let's get on with the story! 😁
Excuse if there are grammatical errors in typing this in my car and my phone likes making typos 😐
----------------------------------------------
Akahina  POV
Shrouded in darkness I felt myself floating.

Floating in mid air? Although this is utterly impossible, I feel calm..at ease.

Before my eyes, the darkness changed light. The brightness blinded my eyes for a mere moment before adjusting to my surroundings.

I saw a child weeping underneath a cherry blossom tree.

Looking closer to the pretty child, the child resembled someone I know very well.

Is that... Is that me? Was this a memory that I had long forgotten?

Another child seemed to have noticed my younger self crying, a young boy with maroon purplish hair. His face was blurred.

Did I know him? Who is he?

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" The boy asked in concern.

"My...my parents *hic for...forgot about me *hic," my younger self cried out.

"It's alright. They must be busy, but I'm sure they love you regardless! Instead of crying, cheer up! I think they would be sad if you thought like this!" The boy  boasted, trying to liven up the dreary atmosphere.

Many thoughts flashed in my mind despite being in a subconscious state. I eagerly watched the memory before me unfold. Maybe this can tell me who I was before.

Memories flashed forward to many different clips. My younger self and the boy saw each other often.

He filled the void of her loneliness.

The flashing of clips stopped onto another memory. My younger self was braiding flowers into the boy's hair while humming:

Umareru kotoba

Kieyuku kotoba

Anata no naka ni

Ikitsuzukeru kotoba

Tachchidomari sono toki

Yuuki he to kawaru

Saa arukidasou

Ano toki yori

Anata wo tsuyoku natteiru kara

Mou mayowanaide

Ano toki no kotoba wo

Shinjite

While humming, the field of flowers seemed to bloom under the captivating melody. The sheer size of her power was unknown but capabilities of just humming was astonishing.

"Will we always be together?" I heard my younger self ask the boy.

"Forever and always.. Forever and always." Was what the boy whispered. But inaudible to my younger self who slowly fell asleep underneath the Sakura tree.

A tear ran down my face.

Just the thought saddens me. To know I've lived most of my life ignorant of the fact that I could never recollect these memories before. I felt ashamed for leaving the boy behind.

I continued to watch another clip, "Akahina, if we were to ever separate, I hope you'll think of me whenever you see this," the boy opened a velvet box which contained an elaborate floral ring with an opal gem adorned on the middle.

"It's beautiful, I love it! Thank you so much for this beautiful gift" the younger me smiled and hugged the boy before continuing, "I will always wear it on my left pinky, for it is the only finger  that is connected to the heart. I will always treasure this,"

The younger me whispered something, from then the ring started to float in the air and glow brightly. It was evident that something was forming from the ring as its own entity.

A few moments later. A watch was formed and looked similar to the ring. Both very beautiful.

"I will give this to you. It's so you have something to remember me by." The boy had an expression of amazement because of what she could easily do, but knew her words were genuine.

"Thank you. Nobody is as amazing as you" the boy softly stated under his breath inaudible to the girl.

The maroon haired boy slowly put a flower in the girls hair and subconsciously pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Sakura petals blew in the distance.

Unknown to the two, was the other boy watching the two from the distance. He didn't know why but he subconsciously clenched his fist before darting back to where he came from.  

The memory seemed to start to fade away into darkness.

That boy seems familiar, there only one boy that I've seen with that hair, but who?

Where was that ring? The choker on my neck was something I had since I could remember. Where did I get that from?

The more I pressed into the thought, my mind started to hurt. Right before my consciousness returned a face flashed to me mind:

Senri

----------------------------------------------
So I changed to memory parts from being with Senri, Kaname,and Yuki to just being Senri because logically if she remembers Senri, then why tf can't she ask him about the other two kids? Am I right? I think that was pretty obvious so I decided to change that part.  (For those who remember how I previously had this chapter written.. For new readers please disregard this comment).

I'm planning to combine this story with another one I have and have them connect like a sequel but each story can stand by itself.

I have many plot twists in mind  for future chapters😋