Chapter 21

It's been so long since I've updated 😅 But here's a small update for the moment. I'll try to be more active 😄. Thank you for reading and supporting my story ☺️.

———————————————————————————

I felt his presence.

Yet his presence disappeared the second it was revealed. It was almost as if he had never been here. Others might not have been able to detect his presence, but I could feel him.

Why was he here?

Rido was here and it was because of her.

I knew a part of me clung to the hope that she was alive. And that very hope was very much true. The reality that my beloved sister was still alive. Her flesh and blood still roams this earth, breathing the same air, yet she fails to recognize me as her elder brother and Yuki as her younger sister.

I cannot help but feel saddened that she both with yet apart from me.

She needs to be awoken as does Yuki. And by then she will remember me, but the painful childhood we never intentionally gave her. I hope she forgives us. We didn't purposely mean to forget about her. We underestimated the extent of Ridos power.

Throughout these years since her disappearance, I failed to figure out how Akahina's vampire side had been suppressed, much like their other sibling Yuki. I had a feeling it had something to do with Rido.

But he was certain about one thing. Now that Akahina revealed herself, Rido will stop at nothing to gain her but for what purpose? Yuki had been his initial target after all of these years.

However remembering how Rido easily manipulated everyone was a memory he bitterly resented.

He didn't know what would happen once she was awoken, but only time could tell.

The next day after the ball, the day time students were bustling with excitement. Crowds of both male and female students surrounded a particular classroom to take a slight glimpse of a devastating beauty.

Who you may ask?

Well no one other than the new student and guardian, Akahina.

Inside the classroom, Akahina heeded no attention to the ever so growing crowd currently suffocating her classroom, she had other thoughts at the moment that occupied her attention. 

Yuki, who sat beside the beautiful girl could only sit besides her while staring in awe, while Zero who sat on her other side was in a fowl mood, scowling at the other students who got too close to him, particularly the ones who got too close to Akahina for his own liking (Ouu laa laaa~).

It seems Akahina attracted her own fan club! Hoards of fan boys and fan girls switched from their initial fan club of night class girls to her! It was easier to follow her around from a distance and ogle at her from afar all day rather than catching one glimpse of night class students at dusk, not to mention prettier. And so her fan club began to rise.

She was obviously more beautiful and more convenient to follow as she was a day time student rather than night!

TIME SKIP
"Uwaah~ Akahina-Chan is so pretty~" Aido cooed at Akahina as he happily skipped over to her, looking at her from different angles.

Akahina just blinked and awkwardly smiled at him before replying "Erm thanks Aido-san," it was awkward that he decided to compliment her and ignore his fan girls that were surrounding him from behind. But she quickly dismissed him and turned her attention elsewhere.

She finally caught a glimpse of one of her favorite people. Her eyes sparkled like she found her favorite candy and didn't hesitate to glomp onto her favorite victim, "Seeeeennnriiiiii!"

"Ahh Akahina," Senri softly replied as he was caught off guard and tried to balance his weight as Akahina jumped on his back but never the less held her up.

To others it was a cute sight as they looked liked like a couple cuddling. However, unknown to others Akahina secretly whispered into Senri's ears for only him to know.

"He visited me last night," Akahina whispered lightly into Senri's ear as she narrowed her eyes underneath her hair so that others couldn't see her facial expressions.

At that moment, Senri stiffened. He subconsciously clenched his fist. The one thing he loathed the most in the world was his very own father, Rido. He hurt his two most important people in his life after all. First his mother and second Akahina.

"Don't worry about him, I'll protect you," Senri stayed softly as Akahina cuddled further into him. Akahina felt more reassured with his words, but still felt tensed knowing Rido was still out there.

While the two looked lovely dovey together, two pairs of eyes never left the silhouette of Akahina. Two pairs of eyes that glinted red before returning back to their original color.