Chapter 5: Cloaked figure upon the Horizon

Picture above is what Kasai looks like with her cloak that veils her face. Excuse the words (I got the pic from a different manga LOL)
----------------------------------------------
Akahina POV
I woke up, surrounded in darkness. I was used to sleeping such little hours. I had always woken up right before dawn.

Nightmares haunted my dreams.

I creepily felt like someone was watching me. Watching my every single move.

I don't have any recollection why this had been occurring, but maybe it had a connection to my past.

I couldn't recollect my past before The age of 5, but I suppose it was normal for humans to be unable to remember that far back. But I felt that I would've remembered at least my parent's faces.

Shaking away this thought, I got up and decided to explore the campus before heading to class after I got ready.

The campus never ceased to amaze me.

After getting ready, I slowly exited my room and quietly walked around, careful not to wake the other girls up in the dorm.

All the buildings looked rather the same, so I didn't bother to enter any of them. Who knows what could be inside. I didn't have a particular interest to know.

I came across a bridge near the school garden. It had the perfect view to see the sunrise. This will be my secret place.

I always looked forward to seeing the sun rise. Over the vast horizon, exploded many vast vibrant colors. It was truly magnificent to look at. I am never disappointed with its beauty.

I started to hum to myself as the sun began to rise.

Umareru kotoba

Kieyuku kotoba

Anata no naka ni

Ikitsuzukeru kotoba

Tachchidomari sono toki

Yuuki he to kawaru

Saa arukidasou

Ano toki yori

Anata wo tsuyoku natteiru kara

Mou mayowanaide

Ano toki no kotoba wo

Shinjite

Third person POV
The night class, at this time were on their way back to their dorms, when they heard an alluring melody that seemed to put everyone at ease.

Bewildered by this strange, yet beautiful melody, some night class students ventured off to find the source.

They quietly followed the melody towards the school garden where they saw a cloaked figure standing alone on the middle of the bridge.

The sun's beautiful rays shone upon the cloaked figure. The only visibility seen was half of her face.

White porcelain skin and bloody red lips. A smile was etched upon those lips.

Recognition flashed before their minds.

The New Guardian

Kaname POV
This sound. I remember it somewhere, but where? I could vaguely remember the words, but this melody.,

I followed the other night class students to see the source of the beautiful melody.

The source came from Akahina?

This is too much of a coincidence..

Is it?

Akahina POV
I felt many presences hiding behind the trees. I didn't feel like dealing with the night class students, so I slowly walked away humming. They didn't seem to follow me, so I ventured off to find my classes.

Yuki POV
I headed over to Akahina's room to show her to her classes, but when I knocked on her door, she didn't answer. I wonder if she already left.

I quickly walked to the classroom to see if Akahina had already found her way there. And sure enough Akahina was sitting by herself near the back window, oblivious to the stares around her.

"Good morning Akahina!" I cheerfully exclaimed as she tore her fade away from the window.

"Good morning Yuki! Please sit!" Akahina warmingly offered. Zero came and sat on the other side of me.

TIMESKIP

Akahina POV
Classes were boring. I introduced myself and was told to remove my cloak, but the teacher let it slide since I fibbed and said that I had sensitive skin that wouldn't dwell nicely with exposure to the sun.

Hook, line, and sinker, sucker.

Yuki and Zero both fell asleep during class, and received detention because of it. I guess they stayed up too late the previous night.

Here I am alone walking towards the moon dorms, dealing with another day of unnecessary screaming.

How befitting.