Chapter 6: Level E

The picture above represents a scene in this chapter. I realize that this is a picture from Black Butler (LOL I JUST READ THE MANGA). It's so hard finding anime pics of cloaked girls 😓. But this picture perfectly captures what I had in mind for what the main character should look like ☺️. Just pretend Sebastian is Kaname LOL 😂.
----------------------------------------------
Akahina POV
Everything occurring at Cross Academy seemed normal. Not one thing was out of place. It was eerily too perfect.

I had my suspicions that something was coming, but I just didn't know what or when. I've noticed that the Night class has kept their tabs on me, especially that Kaname.

I narrowed my eyes as I saw him staring my way.

"Akahina, thank you for your hard work. The Night class can finally go to class in peace." Kaname carefully engaged.

"Of course, it is my job to handle these girls and boys. If I may ask, why have you been watching me?" I glared him from underneath my cloak, straightforwardly questioned rather than greeting the pureblood leader.

Kaname seemed to flinch at this remark. Most likely unexpected that I knew very well of what he had been doing this past week since I had arrived.

I smirked. Such a fool to believe that I wouldn't notice.

"I don't know what you mean Akahina, well I must be go to class. Have a good evening Akahina." Kaname faked smiled before walking away with the rest of the Night class.

He cut the conversation too abruptly.
Something's was very off from him. And I intend to find out what he had been keeping to himself.

I noted this to myself.

TIME SKIP

The next day, the headmaster had given Yuki, Zero, and I permission to leave campus to go to town. We went shopping and picked up some errands for the headmaster.

Before heading back to Cross academy, Yuki had wanted to stop at an ice cream parlor for a treat. So, Zero went ahead with our things, as that he was not find of sweets and couldn't stand being with us anymore than he should. He called it his personal "hell" since the headmaster forced him to go shopping with us. I picked up a few items such as a new cloak, a few dresses, and a nightgown. Yuki, on the other hand, couldn't decide what she wanted and took forever, annoying Zero in the process.

Anyways, She ordered the biggest ice cream sundae that the store had offered on the menu. How she could eat so much and not get fat was something I wondered.

"Akahina, do you want anything? My treat!" Yuki exclaimed, excited for the ice cream.

"Just passion fruit tea would be nice," I replied, smiling softly.

After waiting for Yuki to finish her meal, we both headed out of the ice cream parlor.

"Yuki, I think we should head back to Cross Academy before it gets dark," I said before turning around to face Yuki.

When I turned around, Yuki wasn't behind me.

Where did she go?

In the distance, I saw pieces of her hair before she turned into an alleyway.

I quickly followed after her.

As I turned into an alley, it lead into a huge courtyard with a water fountain in the center. There was nobody around.

This is very strange indeed.

Observing my surroundings, I notice a red balloon float away in the air.

Had Yuki been with a child?

I also noticed a door open leading to the clock tower.

If my hunches are correct, Yuki must have ventured in there. She couldn't have gotten too far. I cautiously entered the old building and slowly climbed the stairs of the tower, and had my hand on my fan retractable fan that rested on my thigh, just in case something was there.

As I climbed higher, I could hear a few murmurs above. Opening the hatch and pulling myself up, I see Yuki by herself unconscious.

How?

Nothing in this scene looks right.

Something is completely and utterly wrong about this picture.

Alarmed, I quickly rushed to her. She looked perfectly fine, but how did she get here?

Someone was here.

As I looked out an ajar hole on the wall of the clock tower, I could see level Es drawing closer to the building.

I heard faint thumps of the level Es coming closer.

I didn't have much time to think of an alternate route to escape. I had to keep Yuki safe. I tenderly looked at Yuki, who started to stir in the floor besides me.

"My my my. Who is this little gem?" A dark voice chuckled from within the room.

I quickly held onto Yuki, and brought out one of my fans.

"Oh fans? I assume you are Akahina? Only one vampire hunter has those beautiful dual fans. And nobody seems to know what lies beneath that veil. But I know what you look like " the dark voice seemed to mock me, "You still look beautiful the day you went missing," the dark voice seemed to show itself where a young boy with mix matched eyes appeared.

I had a feeling he knew who I was, but I refrained from asking about my past. The level Es were trying to bust through the latch on the floor. Yuki was half awake. I have to protect her.

Something was telling me I had to.

As if on cue, Kaname appeared before us, and the young boy had seemed to vanish upon his arrival. I shoved Yuki into his arms, so he could bring her to safety. As much as Kaname didn't want to leave me alone with the level Es, he didn't have a choice.

As he left, I took out my other fan and didn't hesitate to eliminate the level Es now that Yuki wasn't in danger. As I exterminated the last one, I walked back to the hole in the clock, and looked down. Kaname had looked after Yuki, making sure no level Es had touched her. A sense of relief washed over me.

"You forgot about me," the dark voice chucked before pushing me.

Alarmed, I swung my fan behind me before falling out of the tower.

Damn him.

I glared at the young boy who seemed to have appeared right behind me.

This is such a pitiful way to die. But thinking how I saved Yuki, has left me in a sense of ease, to know she was safe.

Instead of falling into my death, feeling pain, I landed in the arms of something soft.

I opened my eyes to see Kaname.

He caught me?

For some reason, I felt at ease in his arms. Knowing that I was safe, I drifted off to sleep, as fatigue washed over me.

My vision desiccated into darkness .