Chapter 3: Mysterious Student

Kaname POV

Its been 13 years.

13 years since her disappearance.

Sometimes I clutch onto the hope that she's still alive, but a part of me is left with her.

I swore to myself that I would protect Yuki, my other beloved sister who doesn't remember me. I couldn't lose her either.

Unbeknownst to the other vampires in the moon dorms, the pureblood leader secluded himself in his room.

He mourns for his lost sister and disposes how Rido could so easily erase his memories. He couldn't forgive himself. He vowed to become stronger and protect the only family he had left. For her. The only thing he could remember her by was a locket engraved with an opal crystal (the same stone on Akahinas choker), and inside contained a picture of his parents, and one of him with both Akahina and Yuki.

Akahina POV

I entered the gates and roamed around the school grounds. I had no idea where the headmaster's office was. I eventually gave up when I got tired. I didn't realize how vast the campus was. There were hardly any other students around to even ask directions for.

I sat down besides a fountain to take a rest, before I ventured off in hope in running into someone, maybe one of whom can help me.

Mesmerized by the fish in the pond, I failed to notice someone behind me.

Click.

"What are you doing here, vampire?" A voice said behind me with such disgust.

How very amusing. A devious smile etched on my face.

"Who are you to judge me. I am no vampire, Zero Kiryu. Will you shoot me?" I amusedly replied after recognizing his face through the water fountains reflection.

"You do know just because I'm wearing a cloak doesn't mean I'm a vampire. What would you have done if I was some regular human? Hmm?" Logically pointing out the fact that he easily reveals the existence of vampires.

"You good sir would be in a very tight position. Is that how guardians handle their job? Tsk tsk." I waved my finger at him. I could see Zero turn red through his reflection.

How cute.

"ZERO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE NEW STUDENT?" A girl had tiredly caught up to Zero.

"Nothing. She looked suspicious wearing that cloak," Zero grumpily replied.

"Zero! Headmaster told us that the new student would be wearing a cloak! Anyways, new student! Welcome to cross academy! My name is Yuki Cross! I will show you to the headmasters office." Yuki cheerfully introduced.

Yuki.

I've heard that name before.

I quickly turned around to see the girl before me.

She looked similar to me but why?

I shook this thought away before introducing myself.

"Hello, it's wonderful to meet you Yuki. As Zero as well. My name is Akahina Kumihino, new guardian and resident in the sun dorms," I casually introduced.

"Did you say KUMIHINO?! AS IN THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS VAMPIRE HUNTER FAMILY, KUMIHINO?" Zero and Yuki shouted in disbelief.

"The one and only !" I giggled at their little shocked outburst. "If you don't mind, I would like to speak to your headmaster."