The Forsaken

"Why such a grouch?" I teased before turning me heels to face Zero.

"I'm not a grouch," I heard Zero grumble before coming closer to take the brush away from me.

A light chuckle of amusement escaped my lips.

"This horse here is Lily. It seems that she likes you, usually she doesn't like people. She doesn't really like Yuki." Zero combed out her mane. Lily snorted as if agreeing with him.

"Oh really? Tell Yuki to approach her cautiously without fear. Maybe then, lily will begin to trust her," I stated as I began to braid her hair.

Zero didn't reply, so I decided to ask him something that I've been meaning to ask.

"Say Zero..have you told Yuki?" I asked as I continued to braid Lily's hair. Zero seemed to have stopped brushing Lily's mane.

"What do you mean?" Zero acted as if he didn't know what I referring to.

"Oh Zero, you can't hide what you are. What kind of vampire hunter would I be if I couldn't tell whose human or vampire? A very lousy one if you ask me," I said in a matter of fact.

"No..no I haven't told her. She'll hate me after knowing what I am," Zero whispered.

"You love her right?" I casually asked.
"What's that suppose to mean?! Who would like such as idiotic girl?!" Zero seemed to have jumped into defense after hearing my question.

"It's so obvious mr Zero. They way you look at her says it all dummy," I stated and poked the wrinkle between his eyes.

"ZEROOOO! WHERE ARE YOUU!" A girlish voice called out from outside the barn.

Speak of the devil.

"You can't deny what you feel. If you love her, tell her." With that I went outside to greet Yuki.

"Yuki! Zero is inside grooming Lily!" I cheerfully beamed.

"Oh Akahina! I was just about to look for you after I found Zero! Headmaster called us to his office, he wishes to speak to us!" Yuki informed before entering the horse stalls to also tell Zero. I could hear Lily move around and creating a large disruption. I guess she really doesn't like Yuki. With that, Yuki ran out with pieces of hay sticking out of her hair.

"I'm guessing Lily really doesn't like you," I commented as I plucked the straws of hay from her hair.

"It was hate at first sight," she snorted.

Zero came out a moment later. Then the three of us headed towards Kaiden's office.

TIME SKIP
Inside the headmaster's office, it was the typical scenario where Kaiden tried to hug Yuki, which failed miserably. And angered Zero even further since he wouldn't get on to the point.

"Call me father!" Kaiden cried. I couldn't help but sweatdrop by his actions.

"Just tell us what you wanted us here for!" Zero yelled as he slammed his hands on his desk, cracking it in half.

"My..my desk!" Kaiden anime cried.

Oh boy

"Father, can you just get to the point?" Yuki tried to reason.

"Yay! You called me father! Anyways I invited you three here because you three will be in charge of the upcoming ball! It's part of the disciplinary committees responsibility!" Kaiden informed as he gleefully pranced around the room, expressing how happy he was since Yuki called him father.

"Ouu. A ball. Now won't this be fun!" I commented, clapping my hands together like a child.