Interlude: Coach Brunt's lesson

A/N : This chapter wasn't really planned in the first place and it wasn't me who wrote it, it was a friend of mine, so be cool with him. This chapter isn't really canon to the fanfiction, it's more like extra content that I can't put in a chapter (either because it's too short or because I have more important things to write to move the story forward).

Carmen POV

I was sitting with my back to the wall in the punishment room, occupying my time as best I could. The chain at my foot only stretched to about 10 inches, preventing me from getting close to anything and especially far from the door. They could have left it wide open with an exit sign, and I would have been helpless. Right now I was counting the number of bricks, it was boring as hell but anything was better than thinking about what Bellum and Maelstrom were doing to me. I know I'm in denial about my team disappearing but I refuse their help. I would never stoop to accepting the Professor's offer to talk to him about it to 'get over my grief'. It was embarrassing enough to be woken from a nightmare, whimpering and crying like a child, by an apparently 'worried' Maesltrom when I knew he was enjoying it, and by a Bellum taking notes on my reactions.

The door opens, and my panic increases as an imposing figure walks in and stands before me. I look up to see Coach Brunt stooping to my eye level, a pair of handcuffs in her hand and throwing them in my face. Does she really expect me to handcuff myself  ? Seeing me motionless, she speaks up.

"Do I really have to explain to you how to put them on, sugar pie ?"

"No, I know. The real question is, do I want to ?" I answer as innocently as possible but get an electric shock. Looking back, this is the first time Coach has used the collar, usually it's Cleo or Maelstrom who use it. She starts laughing, pinching my cheek the same way she did when I was a kid and was doing a stealing demonstration to force them to let me join the Academy.

"I'm not interested in your desire, pumpkin. And you better get used to it."

"Or... what ?" I sneer but take a hard slap.

"Listen to me carefully because I'm only going to tell you this once. I'm here to discipline you and I intend to do so. If I have to break every bone in your body and use you as a punching bag to do it, I will. So hurry up to put on these cuffs, and tighten them, before I lose my patience."

Scared, I quickly put them on before she removes the chain from my foot and pulls me up while holding my right arm firmly. She forces me forward in front of her as I struggle out of her grip.

"I can walk by myself."

"I don't doubt that Lambkins. The real problem is, can I trust you to not try anything stupid ?"

"Not like I can try anything with this damn necklace." I mutter angrily. I didn't intend for her to hear me, but from the way she chuckles, it sounds like she did.

"Your language."

Then she lets go of me, leaving me to move on by myself. Giving her a intrigued look, she smiles at me in satisfaction. We arrive at a staircase and she beckons me up. The rest of the way is silent, though I can feel her piercing gaze on me, preparing for any sign of resistance. As we pass what appear to be several classrooms, she stops me and opens a door. Entering, I notice I'm in some sort of gym, Brunt grabs my hands and takes the cuffs off before pulling me towards the punching bags. Wait, she can't be serious, can she? I struggle out of her grip and get as far away from her as I can, with an amused look on her face she approaches me.

"Rebel, it looks like it's going to be fun. This is how things are going to work here, I'm going to make sure you stay submissive to us and obey us at all times, even when you disagree."