Interlude : A Faculty Caper (part 3)

A/N: I tried a new style of writing by adding more description. Let me know what you think, even though I don't think I'll be doing this very often as this type of writing is difficult for me.

3rd Personn POV

My eyelids were heavy as I felt a vibration on the floor where I stood. As I tried to open my eyes, everything around me remained pitch black. I raised my hands to my face and noticed a blindfold covering my eyes. I hesitated to remove it, but my headache stopped me. I was already hurt enough; there was no need to add more pain.

Feeling my surroundings, I quickly noticed a grille to which the chain connected to my handcuffs seemed to be attached. Warm air brushed against my face as I approached the grille, making my chain clink. I heard a voice coming from in front of me, one belonging to either Boris or Vlad, I couldn't tell.

"She's awake."

"We'll be there soon, there's no point in giving her another dose. Don't touch your blindfold or bandages, Black Sheep."

"Yes, Doctor."

I huddled against the grille, trying to catch a bit of the fresh air in the stifling atmosphere of the car. I could hear various city noises and people talking around me.

After what I estimated to be about ten minutes, the car stopped, and a few seconds later, my blindfold was removed. I put my hands in front of my eyes to shield them, but I was violently pulled out of the vehicle. Boris unlocked the golden bracelet and the chain from my handcuffs, putting them in the canvas bag with my name on it. Vlad draped a cape over my shoulders, fastening it in the front to conceal my scars and handcuffed hands. I followed along as we moved away from the car, taking the opportunity to observe my surroundings.

As soon as my eyes fell on the elegant facade of the hotel in front of me, I was immediately dazzled by its grandeur. The walls of sparkling marble and impressive architecture perfectly reflected the charm and refinement that permeated the place. The well-tended gardens surrounding the entrance exuded a soothing aura of serenity, while the glistening golden domes almost seemed to reach the sky. The double doors opened to reveal a spacious lobby, where a subtle mix of exotic scents and floral perfumes warmly greeted each guest. People dressed in sumptuous suits and shimmering dresses entered and exited, creating an atmosphere of luxury and elegance that pervaded the entire hotel. I didn't feel like I belonged among all these people. My dirty and torn clothes, though hidden under a cape, reminded me of my place while Doctor and the Cleaners were dressed decently.

We approached the reception, but Vlad and Boris stopped me a little before, leaving Doctor to speak with the receptionist. She glanced at me briefly before nodding. The Cleaners pushed me into the elevator before handing me Doctor Bellum's suitcase and the canvas bag. They left, probably to park the car, leaving me alone with Doctor.

The ascent was quick, and when the doors opened again, I found myself in a sumptuous corridor. The plush carpets under my feet seemed to float in the air, and the walls delicately adorned with works of art evoked a feeling of grandeur.

We walked until we reached an imposing carved wooden door. Once opened, my eyes widened in wonder. The room was huge and decorated with refined elegance. Richly carved wooden furniture was carefully arranged, and luxurious fabrics covered the armchairs and sofas. An immense canopy bed stood in the center of the room, almost regal.

I timidly made my way to the balcony, and what I saw took my breath away. Before me stretched a beautiful and infinite landscape. The sparkling waters of the ocean extended as far as the eye could see, and the setting sun cast golden hues on the waves. In the distance, I spotted fishing boats gently swaying on the calm waters. It was like a living painting, so different from anything I had ever seen before.