Interlude : Countess Cleo's lesson

A/N: Hi... Hello to everyone already. I'm the one who wrote the chapter on Coach Brunt's lesson and I wanted to thank you for your feedback or even just for taking the time to read it, it's AWESOMEEEEE 😂. This chapter was really, REALLY not planned. The story will resume next week, but knowing the usual author, I know she's probably ruminating on questions like "will they be mad at me for taking a break" or "will they keep reading after my break".I then take the opportunity to... GIRL? STOP THINKING AND ENJOY YOUR FUCKING HOLIDAYS OR I'LL COME AND KICK YOUR ASS MYSELF.Sorry, but the message had to get through, so to help her like the exceptional friend (😏) that I am, I wrote an extra chapter about a class with Countess Cleo this time. Happy end of holiday to all and good luck for those who may have already resumed classes.

Countess Cleo POV

I was known for not being extremely patient. So in sending Haber to fetch Black Sheep, I would hope he would hurry. The sooner she arrived, the sooner she would be back where she belonged. In a cell. Gunnar's plan was rather exquisite even if I was never going to admit it to him, it would become impossible. It would be complicated but I couldn't wait to see how a wild and unruly girl like her would become what she had always despised. Once we have her under total control we can begin to work her in our service. Total humiliation. At the same time, a person knocks.

"Come in."

The door opens and I have my back to it, sitting at my dressing table. In the reflection of the mirror I see Dash Haber enter followed by Black Sheep. The girl is covered in bruises that I'm pretty sure she didn't have yesterday. She must have rebelled against Coach Brunt, which would also explain why her hands are still cuffed. That sounds promising...

"Take her cuffs off and put them here." I point to the right side of my dressing table. In the reflection, I see her with a mocking smile reaching out her hands to Dash, who doesn't seem very reassured to take them off. Reluctantly, he removes them and brings them to me.

"You may go Haber."

"Alright Countess."

As he walked out, Black Sheep stood perfectly still, shaking slightly. I see her looking around, observing the various works of art, all stolen from all over the world. I smirk as I think about what's about to happen.

"On your knees."

She raises an eyebrow and blatantly ignores my words. With my exceptional eye for detail, I easily notice the dark circles under her eyes and the sadness in her gaze. So she uses what little insolence she has left to try to hide it from us. I send her a small electric shock before raising my voice, leaving no place for discussion.

"I gave you an order. Now kneel !"

I see her bite her lip to keep from retaliating as she bends down and kneels. That's a step forward in itself.

"There's a latch in front of you, put your collar chain on it."

She complies and I lock it remotely, preventing her from standing up without my permission. I stand up and take in my hands a reed wand about fifty centimetres long. This type of wand was used in the past to correct someone's posture, and as for the reed, I found it easily enough in Shadowsan's old things. If he knew I was using his things to hurt his most precious. How ironic. I turn and walk towards Black Sheep, who looks with fear at my weapon, which I turn between my fingers.

"Here you will learn the respect, the rules and the behavior we expect from you daily. I will not tolerate your laziness, you will have to work hard to satisfy me."

"I-" She starts but I cut her off by punching her in the larynx.

"Silence. You will wait until you have permission to speak."