Painful memories

A/N : From now on I'll be posting every two weeks because I've just started university, and I'll tell you what... It's a lot harder than high school. Especially since I'm on the 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday shift and have an hour and a half of travel time to get there, and the same time back. I like you, but studies first. If I wanted to maintain this rhythm, firstly I would get tired of the work, so it wouldn't be good. And 2, the quality of the chapters will decrease, something I absolutely don't want. I hope you will understand. Have a good read.

6 months after her capture (so 4 months after the beginning of the lessons with the Faculty)

Carmen POV

When Coach Brunt told me that I would be able to exercise a little, I clearly wasn't expecting it. Of course, part of me was eager to be able to do some sports again, something that the professors had formally forbidden me to do until now. Moreover, it allowed me to get out of my cell without having to work. The Faculty had authorized me to leave my cell only a few days a week to accomplish certain tasks for them, such as cleaning or tidying up (always under the supervision of a guard). But also to pass some psychological evaluations of Maelstrom or some obedience tests. If I did all of them correctly, I could eat otherwise I was punished and had to do better next time. One of the regular jobs was to clean the punishment room after each of my punishments. I thought it was cruel to force myself to remove my own blood from the weapons they used to hurt me, but they didn't care about my opinion. The most important rule for survival here is to obey and keep my mouth shut. So when Coach came and told me that I didn't have a job lined up and that I could 'work out', I was grateful. Maybe I had rejoiced a little too soon.

I nervously watched as the VILE student I was to fight stood up and joined me on the tatami. He was twice my size and definitely more muscular. The periods of starvation that had been imposed on me by the Faculty had weakened me. I didn't even want to think about the muscle mass and weight I must have lost. Damn, even Bellum and Cleo were now able to force me to follow them by pulling me as I struggled. Though I would never dare to argue with them. I had accepted the idea that I would never leave here and I was determined to give them no reason to hurt me.

As I dodged a punch to the face, I got kicked in the abdomen. Trying to forget the pain I retaliate, I don't want to lose and disappoint the Faculty. I hadn't had anything to eat for 2 days and succeeding would allow me to have some tonight. Strength is clearly not in my favor, but he is imposing so my speed could be an asset. I hit his crotch, and as he ducks I try to hit him in the face but he grabs my fist clearly in anger. He sends me flying as if I were nothing against the wall. I scream in pain and I hear the other students laughing and cheering him on. As he grabs me by the neck and starts to choke me, Coach intervenes.

"Stop. Release her Rock Giant (A/N: I'm terrible at code names so please don't judge), you win." I fall to the floor and shake with pain. I get up as best I can and return to the fighting mat. I see student after student pass by and despite my efforts I lose each fight, even if at the end I don't really have the energy to fight anymore. After having 'fought' about ten students, the door opens and Dr. Bellum enters the room followed by the Cleaners. The future agents look on puzzled as she approaches Coach who beckons me to come over. Painfully, I stand up and approach.

"I still don't think it's a good idea Doctor."

"The majority wins Coach and this will be a good test for her as well as allowing me to move forward with my experiment."

While the two women were talking, Boris had cuffed my hands behind my back. Strange, it had been at least two months since they had tied me up outside of punishment or my cell. I searched my memory to see if I had done anything wrong but couldn't see. Doctor Bellum must have noticed my nervousness because she smiles at me.