Interlude: high risk dinner

A/N: For ease of writing and understanding, I'm going to name the guard who was assigned to her in the last chapter. I have no idea so I'll name him James for now. I'll let you choose his name (or codename as you like), so give me your ideas and I'll definitely name him in the next chapter.

*Noise of conflict in the background*

That's okay you told them let me take over.

Hi guys ! Remember me ? The one who wrote the other two interludes. I hope you like this one and I'll warn you right away. On some things it can be borderline, but remember, the Faculty isn't really nice. They enjoy putting down and hurting Carmen. I hope you will like it, in the meantime I say good reading and see you soon !

Carmen POV

My knees were aching from being in that position for so long. I had been kneeling between the seats of Countess Cleo and Professor Maelstrom for some time. Cookie Booker was sitting opposite us. Each of them had a glass of wine in their hand, they were talking about operas and many other subjects. I had long since stopped listening to their conversations, knowing full well that they weren't going to talk to me. When the professors put me on their private jet and made me kneel down, I was strictly forbidden to make any noise. They sat in the seats on either side and a few moments later the VILE bookkeeper arrived in turn. When she saw me she froze and I could have sworn I heard Professor Maelstrom snigger at her astonishment. He had then spoken up and pissed Cookie Booker off even more.

"Take a seat Mrs. Booker. The girl won't attack you...at least not until she's told to." She had glared at him and taken her seat while wanting to start a conversation with the Countess who was on her phone.

Returning to the present moment, I could see the teachers glancing at me from time to time to make sure I was continuing to behave when I see out of the corner of my eye the Countess lowering her empty wine glass towards me. Understanding this, I take the bottle and refill it by half, then Professor Maelstrom lowers his in turn. Once done, I put the bottle back on the low table in front of them. As I put it back down, I look up and see Cookie Booker looking at me strangely.

"How did you do for her ? I've only heard rumours..." Cookie Booker asks while making a small gesture towards me. Professor Maelstrom, being on my right, reaches his left arm over the armrest to reach my hair. He runs his hand through it and strokes it. I tense up, not liking this gesture and finding it particularly dehumanizing. And he knows it ! He pretends it's a nice gesture and that it means I haven't pissed them off. It's like he's reducing me to nothing more than an animal. The first time he had done this, I had involuntarily withdrawn from his grip as a reflex. To say he wasn't happy would be an understatement... He had made me whip to the limit of unconsciousness, to the point where I begged him to end my suffering and kill me. He had asked me if I preferred this pain to his 'reassuring' gesture. That day I fully understood that all four of them owned me completely and that I would never again have a say on my life, including what I like or don't like. I refocus just in time to hear the Professor's response.

"It only took a few lessons to teach her her place and make her docile. Isn't that right dear?" He squeezes a handful of my hair in warning and I nod quickly before he finally loosens his grip and withdraws his hand.

"Afterwards, ensuring her daily punishment and only giving food as a reward has weakened her, as well as forcing her to obey and beg for our kindness." As the Countess finishes her sentence, Cookie looks at my many scars and gives me a haughty look, apparently pleased with how they treat me. She must see this as payback for all the water balloon jokes. I cower as an electric shock runs through my body. I hold back a cry of pain in extremis.