20

"Me next!" Chapter Twenty: Odd Man Out 2x10: Shouldn't Have Been Alone

"Me next!"
Chapter Twenty: Odd Man Out
2x10: Shouldn't Have Been Alone

*Trigger warning*

Becklean and Jay were leaving, deciding to get drinks and go back to her place to play a few rounds of Call of Duty. She was still figuring out how she was gonna tell Kelly about the news that Shay told her about his new baby, as they were walking down the stairs.

"Yeah, copy. Halstead, West, get back upstairs, get Voight."

" What's going on?" Jay asks brows knitted at Platts Demeanor

" Burgess was shot, condition unknown. Go get your sergeant down here now!" the speed they used to run back up the stairs shocked them both.

Everything was happening quickly before anyone could have time to think, Erin was starting the task force and Kim was in surgery, Voight had called everyone over once the bomb squad cleared the  house.

"Back door was linked to an improvised napalm grenade." Becklean walks out into the corridor to meet up with Antonio Voight where she sees Erin standing in the doorway.

"  I thought you were officially detailed to the task force." Antonio speaks up.

"I pushed it a day." She says as everyone nods. " The shooter was waiting for her here." Erin points to the spot where the gun was lying.

" There was no shooter."

" No shooter? Who pulled the trigger?" Antonio asks. 

" The buzzer was rigged to the trigger of the gun. Burgess depresses the button..."

" So our killer is what, some kind of brilliant tech whiz?" Becklean shrugs.

"Don't give him too much credit. It'll only disappoint you when we catch him." Voight sasses.

//

Back in the bullpen everyone was working on trying to figure out what the actual fuck was happening. Antonio pulls the board out. As Becklean finished taping up photos.