Eight

"Gguk?" Jieun called for the Alpha peeking through the giant metallic door of Jeongguk's study room, where he is in at this moment. The girl is as promised, here to have their most needed talk after dinner.

On the other side, Taehyung is all passed out in their bed after being lulled by his Alpha. Yes Taehyung cannot sleep without his Alpha's gentle touches over his head and his soothing voice, chanting some short kind of songs. It's a habit of the Omega now.  As for Jeongguk, he too always make sure to not stress get over him at the time when he makes the other sleep. And once he is sure that the omega is sound asleep, he leaves for his study room to finish his undone work.

In conclusion you can say that, Being the chief at the same time the Alpha ruler of his Pack Jeongguk is pretty much of a busy person, still he never lacks time for his family.

Jieun smiled when she found the male in all glory sitting in front of a laptop typing something.
"I am coming in then." She said coming in.

"You don't need permission to enter anywhere except for our bedroom Jieun." Jeongguk mumbled not taking a single glance at the woman, still busy typing his usual on his laptop.

Jieun mumbled a small thank you and walks through the book shelves, to pass the awkward silence as she don't know from where to start the conversation. Well the intention behind her coming here is different then Jeongguk thought. As she wants to initiate a different relationship with the man, then just the friendship they have now. Well she knows there is no chance for her, yet a single try she would definitely love to make.

"Since when did you start reading novels Gguk? As far I remember you found them waste of time and burnt half of our college library's books. I can still remember the faces of the stunned students, oh how can I forget about the librarian, hahahaha.. Moon Goddess! he was So scary." She said laughing.

"Chuckle* I do remember. But These are Tae's collection. He loves reading novels. I can never disrespect his likings." Jeongguk mumbled meeting up his eyes to the girl. And immediately his face changed to a confused one looking at the all neatly dressed up girl's appearance. As Jieun is wearing a very short red dress with a lot of make up on.

Jieun immediately blushed meeting with Jeongguk's eyes.

"(While knitting his brows) Are you going somewhere at this dark?" Jeongguk asked her confused.

"Who? Me? No? Why did you ask Gguk?" She asked trying to act all cute batting her eyelashes.

"By looking at your.......
Sigh* (Jeongguk took a long breath and massaged his scalps out of irritation)

"Ji? Sit down." He mumbled dryly, Which Jieun immediately obliged.

"What is this, Ji?"

"What Gguk?" God she missed hearing this nickname from the Alpha's mouth.

"This. Your drastic change of behaviors around me, Jieun, Will you explain?" The Alpha said shutting his laptop.

"Wh-at do you mean?"

"You know right I have a mate. I can never love you back Jieun.-

"NO. You got it wrong. I just wanted to-

"You just wanted to impress me Jieun, which you have been doing since morning. Sigh* I don't love you Jieun, I can never." Jeongguk stated immediately meeting her eyes.

"Wh-at?" She mumbled rubbing her sweaty palms out of nervousness.

"I thought I was clear enough Ji." The Alpha said knitting his brows.

"No. It's... No... You are wr-ong. I misund-erstood me. I-I never thought you would im-imply something... Something else from my gesture." She said trying to defend herself from the embarrassment. Gosh she never imagined that Jeongguk would find out her inner feelings. Was she that obvious?

"Scoff* By looking at your attire. Do you think I am a fool to not realize your inner thoughts?"

"Gguk-

"You are Wearing a classy red dress Jieun, at this hour, more on applying this strong odour and the makeover? What's this for Ji?"

"I thought-.. u-m.. okay screw it."

"A lady does it for two reasons either for someone to get impressed or for their own happiness. By knowing you since middle school I could only tell, you are not into make overs. Then why it's all? We are inside of our house not outside. Moreover my husband is just a room away from us Ji. Do you think this is making any sense here? All I wanted to have some civilized talk with you after all these years-

"You are talking rubbish Gguk, There is nothing in my mind. Gosh stop."

"Really? Then, Your prominent blushes around me is way more rubbish then my words Eun. And listen carefully, The way your knuckles tightens around My mate showing your dissatisfaction, should be changed Jieun, Don't think of doing something stupid out of jealousy, which is rising inside of you, because I might not be gentle towards them who tries to harm my family."

"Gosh Gguk stop please.... okay I agree....I agree I have a feeling for you. But you could have- aishhh .. now...I feel exposed." Jieun mumbled rubbing her face using her sweaty palms. She now doesn't care if her makeup wipes off.

"Scoff* I am a Police officer for a reason." Jeongguk mumbled with a poker face.

"I just feel jealous of him. Sniff* before him it was me whom you admired the most. And now?"

"I admired you as my friend Ji nothing else, You knew it better. But Tae is my Mate. I love him. Try to understand the difference."

"This is why I am jealous gosh!!"

"But Why? Just like I am his husband as like I am your friend too. Isn't it a matter of glory too?"

"Both are different Gguk."

"Definitely it has to be. Otherwise relationships could have no meaning within it. Both are equally important Jieun. Although you forgot your kind of friendship with me. But I didn't. I tried to find you everywhere. Your pack, your uncle's pack. I walked everywhere searching for you. But seems like you were happy enough to never show up to your poor friend-

"NO. You are getting it wrong. I was in..

"Let me finish Ji, I know, your mate left you. But I didn't right? You could have at least approach me. I understand, I didn't have enough money to provide you a better life. But at least I could have fight for your Rights, your dignity. As a friend I could have at least help you that much at your worst. But no. You had to left all behind."

"Gg-guk I am so-sorry I wa-s-

"Not now!! Not now Ji. I don't want to see your tears now. Please let's talk when Tae is around, Talking to you at this moment, with the dress you are wearing feels so wrong to me. Go to your room, you should rest now, since tomorrow is your first day at office." By saying that the Alpha stormed outside leaving the sobbing woman behind.