Chapter 28:

It's safe to say that it didn't work out, those in Cell Block D didn't make it and now all have the flu.

And then someone killed Karen and David.
Burning them.

Ninja was in the separate room, wanting to say goodbye to Carl.

"Hey mom." Carl said though he wasn't too happy.

He doesn't blame him.

'I have to go on a run. I'll be back as soon as I can.'

Ninja gave him the note.

Carl looked to the note and hesitated before he nodded, understanding.

"I'll see you soon." He said.

Ninja nodded and held out a bag, he put it on the floor and pushed it to him.

Carl took the bag and smiled seeing he candy.

"Thank Ninja."
Ninja nodded and left a bit slowly.
He turned to Carl...hoping that nothing will happen to him.

He sees Rick outside and waves to him...he wanted to do more. But the both of them know that they can't.

Rick waves to him, and he watches as
he gets in the car, and they drive off.

And so Daryl drives to the university.

But it's never easy why would this be easy- no they need to be tested.

The whole road was covered in walkers, Ninja and the others quickly got out, and ran to the woods.

Waiting for each of them to be caught up and be a bit away.

They need a car, that's the only way that they can get there and back in time.

"-Yeah hopefully there'll be a car there."

"Yo Tyreese, let's get moving."

Ninja immediately followed, him and the others going down the trail.

They made it to a shop, where the whole place was covered in vines.

And Daryl luckily found a car that's covered in tree branches and leaves...

"You okay man?" Daryl asked Ninja who was with the wiring, while Daryl was with the car battery.

Ninja was just working, after all there are a couple people with them.

"Ninja?" Daryl tried again.

Ninja gets up and looks to him.

"Your worried about the kid?" Daryl asked.

Ninja nodded and went back to hot wire the car.

"We'll get there in time, and we'll save the others. And Carl and Rick both will be fine." He said.

Ninja just hotwired the car, an hearing it turn on, the others got in.

"You hear me?"

Ninja nodded and they drive to the university.

When they got there, Bob told them what to look for. And they all set out what they needed to find.

When they got their stuff, they headed to leave only to be swarmed by a herd.
Now they could've easily killed them, but not knowing if they were contaminated or not...

So they did the natural thing an jump through a window.
Making it they can finally head home...

Michonne was driving the car this time giving Daryl a break from driving.
Ninja still not allowed.
An Daryl lost his trust in Bob finding out that he only took alcohol and no meds.
And Tyreese? Ninja doesn't know..

When they got there it was dark out now. He immediately felt the air leave his body seeing his boys.

"Mom!" He heard Carl say.

Ninja smiled through his mask, and hugged him back.

Rick came to him, and he too looked relieved at seeing him.

Ninja nodded his hello.

Also very much relieved at being home.

Ninja hugged them both, there were shocked expressions from others around.
He tries not to show emotion.

But he couldn't still this. He wanted Rick and Carl to know just how much he was worried about them.

"I ate all the candy." Carl spoke up.

Ninja looked to him and gave him a soft glare.

Hearing a soft laugh from Rick.
Ninja looked to him. He didn't stop him!

Ninja went inside the prison and sat on the bed, he's been up for nearly two days. He wanted to help the others with the walker bodies.

But Rick insisted that he takes a small  nap.

Ninja sat on the bed, his back leaning against the wall the covers sprawled all around him.

Carl came into the room.

"Hey..." He says.

Ninja nods his head, and pats the bed.

Carl immediately sat on the bed and looked to the camera in his hands.

He was looking through the photos that Carl took amateurishly.

"I'm glad your okay, I don't know what I'd do if I lose you." Carl said gripping Ninja's hand.

Ninja looked down at him, so similar to their first night together.

Carl was laying in his lap, holding onto him for dear life.

Ninja petted his head, lightly caressing his hair.

'I don't know what I'd do either.' Ninja thought.

Carl looks up and sees that Ninja has fallen asleep.
His hand was laying limp on his head, his other arm was wrapped securely around him.

Rick soon walks in seeing the scene of the two people he cares deeply about.
He smiled, and kissed Ninja's head.

"How come I can't see his face?" Carl asked lightly, knowing that his father has.

"You can ask him, but"

"But?" Carl looks up at him.

"But be prepared for him to say no."

"I saw his face in a video?"

"Let's just say that times have changed, and things happened..." Rick says.

Carl looks to the masked man that he calls his mom.

"I don't care what he looks like?" Carl says.

"That's good. But Ninja doesn't know that. Come on let's go to the garden, I think they're starting to grow." Rick says.

Carl gets up and puts the blanket over Ninja's body and leaves...

If it they knew of the horrors that's ahead of them