Chapter 1 : Section 1

I barely remember how I even got here, especially with a kid that I didn't know the name of.

It seemed to be a bit foggy for the most part. But from what I can remember...

Flashback

From afar all that you will be able to see is a figure that is wearing all black. He wasn't moving on the streets like most people here, he was
running/jumping on roof tops. Easily making his way through the apocalypse.

He wasn't paying attention to the others below and certainly didn't care if they die. He became emotionless when this all started. But as the mysterious man was going through the building tops. He suddenly heard a scream from a younger person; most likely a child.

He couldn't help but look and see what was happening. But what he saw didn't processes in his mind of it actually happening.
He saw a brunette women running away from a herd of the living dead while pushing her child. Whether it was intended to save him, or use him as a shield he didn't know.

But from the looks of it she was leaving the child. That was this mans weakness. Children were something that you should watch over and protect. Not use them as a way to escape, but then again how could he be an escape out of there?
As the man in black was lost in his thoughts he heard another scream coming from the younger boy down on the streets.

"Mom! Help me! "

He then looked and saw the flesh eaters were making their way towards the boy.
Even though they were walking slow he seemed to have been froze there.

Right then and there I've made a decision that forever changed my life and I didn't even notice it at that time.

I quickly climbed down the building that I was making my way on. Quickly as I could, make my way to the walkers.
Stabbing them in the head, there really wasn't that many.
As most made their way to the women and others that were making noise.

But to a kid one will scare them to never go outside for a while.
I got to the boy and quickly tried to find a safe place for us to stay in,

I did.

I found a couple of people and made a decision that once again will change my life. They were willing to take us in. And let us stay with them on the outskirts of Atlanta, up in the quarry.

Flashback over

And that's where they were at right now.

On a mountain area that is surrounded by trees and camping bags.
Of course tents took up most of the area- unless they wanted to share with others. But no one really wants that unless they are family.

The man dressed in black looks down at that the little boy who couldn't be more older then maybe 10.
He was sleeping on his lap and clutching onto him like he'll leave.

The man thinks to himself of what he just did.
Of what he was going to do with the kid?
Leave the boy with the people here? and leave himself?
Or stay and...?

He didn't really know what to do, besides stay with him and try to keep them alive.

An stay with the others that he didn't even know the names of.

'Well its not a trick answer what I'll do then... I'll stay here with the kid, keep us safe. I can't let him down like I've been, that's just not fair to the both of us.