Chapter 21

After he asked Ninja for the favor. Of seeing him hoodless more and him agreeing.

They talked some more and kissed a lot. And he may have some love bites on his neck and bruises but he can't help but love it.

Ninja will admit, it feels weird getting this affection. But he also couldn't help but love it.

But after sometime they did have to go back to the others. Ninja did make sure that everything is on. And to make sure that he looks like nothing happened in their cell.

Rick went back out in the other cell blocks, Ninja wanted to join.
But before he could ask.

Rick was gone.

He found Carl making sure that everything was okay with him. Once he found him, he saw that he was cleaning his gun. He tapped him on his shoulder and once Carl saw him. He smiled and hugged his side.

"What's up mom?"
Ninja was starting to be called mom more and more.

But answering his question he shrugged and sat next to him.

"Can I ask you a question?" Carl asked.
Ninja thought this would/might happen; Carl asking more questions about his past, or their previous talk.

He did know from the beginning about his boyfriend and the camera, and his now child. But that's it and he's hoping that will be it for now.

But by now he's getting more curious, wanting to know more, and Ninja doesn't blame him.

Ninja nodded his head, Carl looks down probably not knowing how to say it.
"Can I make a video of all of us I mean to make memories?" That wasn't what Ninja thought he would ask.

He thought that he was going to ask more questions about him. But he likes that idea, making videos about the present instead of thinking more about the past.

So without saying (writing) anything he walked away and got his camera. He came back seeing a upset looking Carl and giving it to him.

'Sure after all I'll like a video of my son.' Ninja wrote giving it to him. Once Carl read it, he smiled and hugged him. Glad that Ninja sees him as his son much like he sees him as his mom.

Ninja spent his time teaching Carl how to use the camera to make videos. How to turn it on and off and to take photos. Carl and Ninja were currently taking a video they found the others and were introducing them to the camera.
"This is Daryl, this Glenn and Maggie and her sister Beth, this is Hershel..." so on and so fourth.

"Glenn and I are gonna go on a run."  Maggie said laughing at Carl introducing everyone.

Ninja nodded to her statement, she was about to leave when she came to him.

"We're all happy for you and Rick." She said with a smirk.

Ninja rolled his eyes,not that they could see. But he felt happy knowing that they don't care.

Looking back, he sees Rick coming back, and he immediately got a camera shoved in his face.

"This is Rick my dad and he's dating Ninja my mom!" And everyone else stopped.

Sure they noticed but with everything going on. No one really paid attention to it.

But now it was confirmed by Carl that that they were dating. But the others meaning Carl, Ninja and Rick were with the camera and didn't
quite notice what had happened.

"So you found a camera?" Rick asked smiling and holding Ninja and Carl to his side. While the camera was facing them. Carl shook his head.

"No it was Ninja's and he said that I can make videos and stuff for memories and whatnot." Carl said still happy that he said yes.

"Wait you had this camera the whole time? What's on it?" Rick asked and so they talked well mostly Carl explained. But that all stoped when they heard a voice and a question that they weren't expecting.

"Wait your dating?"

|

|

|

They all stared at each other with wide eyes. Ninja and Rick immediately stopped everything and Carl stopped the camera and put it down.

Everyone was quiet not knowing what to say.

"It's about damn time y'all said something. Your obvious as hell."
Daryl said.

Rick draped his arm around Ninja's shoulders as if he was claiming him. He also put Carl in front of them.

Rick smiled glad that at least Daryl was okay and of course making jokes.

"Yeah we started dating 10 months ago." Rick said.

"Really? 10 months?" Beth said.

Carl nodded and took control and explained how it went...somewhat.

It was funny Ninja, Rick and Carl were all smiling and laughing though that's when it stopped and Ninja wasn't sure why.

Until...

He was laughing.

No one heard him laugh let alone say anything from the very beginning. No has heard him say a single word and so hearing him laughing. At something so silly as them being confused.

It must be true, that being in love with someone. Does drastically change you for better or worse.
He stopped shortly though, once he realized and he desperately wanted to move away from them. That was the first time he 'said' anything himself. He couldn't after all, it hurt his throat so he assumed he wouldn't.

"Wow I never thought that I would ever hear you laugh. Have you been talking this whole time and we just didn't realized that too?" Daryl said and once again the others laughed.

But Ninja shook his head 'no' he hasn't been talking what so ever. And just laughing hurt him even though it wasn't a big one.

"So this whole time you've been dating and we didn't realize it." Hershel said  looking around trying to see if the others had noticed anything in the past 10 months.

But none of them have noticed anything.

"Don't worry, we were all focused on finding a place to stay so we didn't bother saying anything. And we were more worried about what was around us. That was more of our priority at the moment otherwise I'm sure someone would have noticed." Rick said smiling and looking down to Ninja and his son who was also smiling.

"Well I'm gonna say it, were all very happy for you two." Hershel said.

Daryl and Beth agreeing.

They all went outside, wanting to enjoy the sun, well all but Daryl who's mood dropped a little.

He went somewhere.

Well that went better, much like telling Rick about him.

Ninja took Rick's hand and squeezed it. Happy that everything seems to be falling into place and it was making a beautiful picture.

Until they see a women with black dreadlocks, holding a basket.

What the hell?