Chapter 9:

Ninja pretty much stayed in his room.

The others were still in the cafeteria eating, drinking, cracking jokes. Daryl even managed to get Glenn to drink, which he guess was a sight to see.

It generally is, watching someone drink for the first time.

But the others soon dispersed.

Playing in the game room.

Reading in the library.

Just for once not being afraid.

Ninja... Wasn't so relaxed, he stayed in his room some more.

He could...he could get the information but how? He can't ask, stuff like that isn't going to be said so easily.

The others were all up, and they all made their way to the cafeteria. 
Eggs, bacon some other breakfast  being made.

They were all there Andrea, Dale, T-Dog, Daryl. Glenn who has a massive headache due to the drinking.
Also Shane, Jacquie, Rick and Carl.

Ninja made it there, he feels a bit better now that he's thought everything through. And of how he's going to get the information that he desperately seeks.

"Hey, are you okay?" Asked Carl as he sat down next to him. Much like any other time that they've ate.

Ninja nods his head, indicating that he is. Carl was happy and hugged him. Glad that his friend is okay again; Rick looks at him and smiles, also glad that is.

After eating, they all followed after Jenner, wanting to know more about the virus, and if there can be cured.

Much like Ninja, he stood there. A bit away from them, listening to...the bad news.

He shows them video of a girl dying. Showing them the only 'living' thing there is the brain stem.

They were all shocked, some even disappointed, who wouldn't be?
But it was more then that, they hoped that there was something out there that could end this.

Ninja looked to the screen, depressing memories overcoming his mind.
Memories that he didn't want, knowing-seeing how it happened.

You can only think of how it felt...

But it got worse...the energy was running out.
There was only a bit left in the oil drum.

But things seems to be getting worse, things were getting powered down.

Air and lights, Ninja looked to the previously mentioned clock and saw that is at 30 minutes.

That's when the Dr and the others came in.

He started talking none sense, saying how they were all going to die. And they might as well die in a fiery explosion.

This way they wouldn't feel any pain, guilt, an suffering.

Ninja heard crying.

He looked to his ask seeing Carl crying, obviously scared. Terrified out of his little mind.

He fist want to die! None of them do!

And that's when Ninja lost it.

He quickly grabbed his stuff much like everyone else had earlier. And went up the Dr. As the doors locked as soon as they got in.

No...no he won't die. Not like his. Not after everything!

He went to his bag, and took out a knife and He went over to the Dr.
He shoved his back into the chair and stood in front of him. The knife was being held directly to his throat.

"Ninja what are doing?!" Andrea shouts.

But he didn't respond he never does.

He points aggressively to the door.

He won't let the die

He doesn't want to die.

And that boy... after everything! He won't let him die.

"It won't-"

Ninja held it tighter to his neck, causing a thin line of blood to fall.

The Dr sighs, and begrudgingly opens the door. They all ran out, leaving Jacquie, Andrea, and Dale. Who's trying to talk Andrea down ledge.

The rest try to get out of there as fast as they could. Hoping that the other doors were open, but they weren't.
Rick and Shane were trying to smash out the windows that were bullet proof. Meaning that banging on it isn't going to do nothing.

"What do we do now?"
And that's when Carol remembered the grenade that Rick had.

She found it while she washing his clothes. She handed it to him and they all immediately took cover, waiting for it to blow.

Ninja was covering Carl as Rick was covering them both, and then...boom.

The windows blew out and they all ran, only to take cover once again. When the whole CDC  building blew up.

Leaving Jacquie to die like she wanted, Andrea was only saved by Dale who risked his life to save hers.

"Thank you, for getting us out of there." Rick said sincerely, he looked over to Ninja who look away.

'I couldn't let Carl die... I didn't want any one of us to die'

"Thanks Ninja!" Carl said going to his side to hug him.

Ninja mearly nodded, hesitantly wrapping his own arms around him.

Bi now the question is where are they going now?

Well I guess Fort Benning sounds nice now.

Meanwhile Ninja's question is still unanswered. Will it stay like that forever?

He hopes not.