Chapter 8:

------------------

Soon enough they made it to the CDC.

Everyone got out of their vehicles and went up to the door seeing all of the dead walkers laying on the ground. Ninja had Carl by his side, much like any other time.

Rick went up to the door knocking on it hoping to get someone's attention. But no one answered.

"Come on man no ones in there lets just go. Fort Benning is still an option." Shane said mad that they even tried this idea in the first place.

But Rick still has hope that someone is in there. And in doing so, he kept banging on the door; yelling at them to let them in.

"Please we have women and children! Please!"

"Rick it's time to go!" Shane tried he grabbed his arm pulling him back to the RV.

"Your killing us! Your killing us!" Rick yelled.

Which in a second they might have, as walkers were starting to rise up at hearing the noise.

But just like that, the door opens.

They all walked in, their guns raised, waiting for any threat.

"We're any of you bitten?" A man asked.

He was holding a gun aiming it at them.

"One but he didn't make it." Rick said taking the lead. Much like he's been doing, ever since he got here.

"What do you want?"

"A chance." He replied.

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know." Rick said.

"You will all submit to a blood test, that's my price for entry."

"Deal." Rick said.

Ninja looked to him.

'Deal? Thanks for asking.'

And so there they all stood, their blood drawn, to make sure that they are telling the truth and cleaned.

They were happy, to get out there.

But Ninja was more so, as now that he's here, he can get the answers that he's been searching for.

{~}

They were all walking around at the moment.
Dr Jenner as they learned his name was, was showing them the rooms.

A library and game room was the main attraction.

"You can all take a shower if you want, just don't use up all of the hot water." They all looked to each other.

The biggest smile on their faces, cheering all taking off to their rooms and going to the showers.

Ninja went to his room more calmly then the others.
As soon as he got there, he went to the bed and lays down, putting his stuff down on the floor. He took out his camera and opened it, looking at the photos that were on it. And once the video popped up he hit play.

It was of two boys, they were both smiling and laughing.

"Haha! No I told you not to!" One whined out his voice was slightly higher pitch then a regular boys voice.

He was  pouting but then he couldn't help the laugh that came with it.

"Yeah well this is what you get for being cute. Don't you want to make memories of the best things of your life?" The other said aiming the camera so it's filming both of them.

They were both sitting on the floor, swarmed with blankets all around them.

"You know they'll never take you again and they'll never harm you. Just know that, and that I'll always love you." The other said. Going over and kissing him all over. His kiss ending with him kissing him on his lips.
Lingering there for a moment longer, pulling away he smiled at the later.

Ninja hit pause at the both boys; and only one thing was on his mind.

He missed him.

He missed how he would comfort him reassuring him that everything was going to be okay.
His silly camera. That they both would take pictures with and videos of each other for any reason. He missed Mason so much.
How he would kiss him senseless every time he was down.

Ninja looked into his bag seeing the box, the box that holds so many SD cards.

He puts everything away and goes up to the bathroom. Hoping that the others are out now and that he could take one.

He locks the shower door, and slowly takes off his suit.

He avoids looking in the mirror, and gets under the water.
Watching as the dirt and bit of blood going down the drain.

When he was done, he got out, and he once again avoided the mirror, getting ready for dinner.

They all went to the dinner table eating real food, that's isn't fish any more.

"Can I have some?" Carl asked pointing to the alcohol that everyone besides Ninja was drinking

Well Glenn had some but he wasn't drinking it, Ninja just had a water. Carl was looking to Ninja hoping that he would say 'yes' but Ninja wasn't 'in his head' at the moment.

But nonetheless he shook his head and Rick said yes, they both 'looked' to each other as best as Rick could with the hood.

It was Rick's decision, after all Carl was Ricks son.
"Well would you look at that, mommy and daddy are fighting. So who has the pants? Who's the boss in this relationship?" Daryl said slightly drunk.

Ninja only looked to Rick and shrugged.

Not thinking about Daryl's comment.

Ninja wrote on a piece of paper and just sort of put it in the middle of the table.

'your kid.' He wrote

Rick looked to Carl and gave him a little sip, Carl only gagged at the taste. They all chuckled but Daryl went back to Ninja and Rick.

"So it seems to me that Rick has the pants. Huh I was putting my money on hoodie over here." Daryl said though he slurred some from drinking a lot.

And that's when Ninja was done everything. Though he wasn't even eating anything in the first place.

But beside that he just sat there still thinking about how he was going to get what he wants from the Dr.

Rick looks toward Ninja and puts his hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay? I'm sure he's just joking or something." Rick said trying to cheer him up.

Ninja took out a piece of paper and wrote something down.

'I'm fine just thinking about something. Please don't worry about me.'

He then got up and walked away to his room. Carl looked toward Ninja and ran up towards him wanting to also know what was wrong with him.

He ran towards him, and pulled on his sleeves.

"Wait! What's wrong? Is it what Daryl said about you and my dad I'm sure he didn't mean it!"

Ninja kneeled down and ruffles his hair hearing a groan from the later.

Giving me piece of paper that he gave his dad and walked away.

'I need the truth.' Ninja thought.