~ Chapter 25: Secrets ~

~ Jazmine ~

"Jazmine! Jazmine, please listen to me!"

"Would you please leave me alone?" I moaned, walking into the living room of my home. "I only came here for my textbook."

After the party on Friday, I stayed at Cindy's for the weekend. I didn't want to see my mom. I still don't.

I don't know what to say, and I don't know what I'm going to tell my dad either.

"Jazmine-" "I found it." I picked my textbook up from the coffee table. I placed it in my bag, beginning to walk towards the door.

"Jazmine-" "Cindy's waiting. I gotta go."

"Jazmine, please!" My mom grabbed my arm but I shoved her off.

"Don't freaking touch me!" I yelled as her eyes widened.

"J-Jazmine..."

"You cheated on dad! Do you get that? You cheated on my father! You don't get to say anything to me!"

"Our marriage ended years ago, Jazmine!" My mother exclaimed. "Legally we're still married but you know more than anyone that our relationship is crap!"

"Maybe if you didn't cheat it wouldn't be crap!" I snapped back.

My mother then looked away.

"I guarantee Friday wasn't the first time." I frowned at her, crossing my arms. "I bet you've been doing it since I was a kid. Haven't you?"

"I'm... I'm not going to answer that." My mom mumbled guiltily.

I felt my eyes water, running my hands through my curls stressfully.

"Oh my gosh..."

"Jazmine please-" "Oh my gosh, I need to go." I said walking towards the door.

"Your father went on a trip to another freaking island, Jazmine! You really think he hasn't done the same thing!?"

"No because dad isn't a whore!" I yelled, whipping around at her.

I saw her eyes widen and start to tear up. I looked away from her, trying to prevent myself from crying too.

"Jazmine... " She began as I looked up at her.

"Your father is coming back today... You can't tell him."

I looked at her in disbelief.

"Unbelievable!" I exclaimed, walking out and slamming the door.

I leaned against it, attempting to pull myself together.

It's bad enough that my mother is cheating.

Now she's trying to make me hide it from my father?

Unbelievable.

I blinked away my tears, walking back to Cindy's car.

~ Riley ~

I smirked as I kissed Cindy in the school janitor closet, pulling her in close by the waist.

Yeah yeah, we still hiding. I thought she would've told Jazmine this weekend since her and Huey ain't fighting no more.

But I don't know.

All I know is I'm glad she mine.

"I can't believe you got me doin' this sh*t." Cindy chuckled, pulling away. "In this dusty ass janitor closet."

"We don't gotta do it in da dusty ass janitor closet if yo' ass would just tell Jazzy already." I said with a smirk.

"I'm tellin' her today, nigga. Like I told you." She rolled her eyes.