~ Chapter 40: Hypocrite ~

~ Huey ~

I sit back in the seat of my truck, holding up my binoculars.

I scoped the parking lot of Wuncler Correctional Centre, watching as the officers entered and exited.

I'm looking at the name tag they all have attached to their belts.

When I was in Chicago, Alfred told me to find a crooked officer named Bugsley and that he'll give me everything I need to know.

I know I won't be able to just waltz into the prison and steal the files I need, but I can track an officer home. That way I'll be able to get him to give me information from the inside.

As I monitored the parking lot, I saw an overweight white man get out of a black truck, twirling his keys in his hand.

I focused my binocular lenses on his name tag.

Todd Bugsley.

Bingo.

Seeing that it's evening time now, he's most likely starting a night shift. I can probably wait him out until morning and follow him home.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

I looked at the Caller ID before groaning.

"Hey Granddad."

"Where you at boy? It's dinner time."

"Granddad, I-"

"Guess what I'm cooking?" He asked, chuckling in between. "Your granddaddy's makin' his famous gumbo!"

"That's great, Granddad. But-"

"I even made a lil pot with just the veggies for you. You welcome."

"Granddad. I'm working on a school project with Jazmine right now so-"

"Boy, you better get home after all I did fo' you! Shoo." He mumbled as I rolled my eyes.

"You and your brother. Just ungrateful. Get your black behind home now before I beat it!"

I cursed under my breath before sighing in defeat.

I don't want to push it considering I just got off punishment.

"I'm on my way now, Granddad." I concluded, hanging up the phone.

I opened my dufflebag from the passenger seat, pulling out a magnetic tracker.

I got out of my car, stealthily walking over and placing the tracker at the bottom of Bugsley's truck.

As long as the tracker is on his truck, I can find him alone anytime.

I got back in my own truck, driving off.

~ Ebony ~

I lay on my side in my bed, tears rolling down my face.

I let out a deep sigh.

It hurts that Caesar is so upset with me.

I don't understand. It's like he doesn't believe that I didn't get myself drunk.

I heard my phone buzz beside me. I flipped it over to see a text from Jacob.

Jacob: hey baby, wanna come over?

I turned my phone back on its face, snuggling deeper into my bed.

I'll text him tomorrow. I'm just too sad right now.

I heard a knock at my door, with me quickly sitting up and wiping my tears.

"Y-Yeah?"

The door opened with Huey coming through.