~ Prologue ~

~ Huey ~

I sighed heavily as I sat on the couch, my book in my hand, though I could not concentrate. Instead I had to listen to Granddad and Riley cheering, yelling and dancing.

"I can't believe it boys!" Granddad yelled, "We won! WE WON!"

"HELL YEAH!!" Riley then screamed as I pinched the bridge of my nose getting a headache.

We've been in debt for nearly 2 years, but apparently we won the lottery.

Granddad bought lottery tickets with the last of our money claiming it was our last hope. Thankfully for us, those lottery tickets will fix all of our money problems.

I don't care about the money too much anyways, it's just pieces of paper.

Then again, I'm only twelve.

"Now imma get all tha cool ass games! Just watch! Young Reezy gonna be loaded!"

"Granddad, the first thing you need to do is pay all our bills and expenses before you go spending." I stated causing Granddad and Riley to pause from their little dance party.

"Damnit, Huey.. Is that all you can say?! We just won the lottery!" Granddad then started cackling and dancing once again.

"We are also in debt, so I suggest you fix that." I said plainly as I returned my eyes back to my book.

"McHater, stop being such a hater." Riley snickered as I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon boy, let's go claim our money!" Granddad then patted Riley on the back starting to walk towards the door. He then paused to turn around. "I'm guessing you not comin'."

"See you later, Granddad." I sighed as I heard them both snicker and walk out the door.

Sometimes I cannot believe I'm related to those two.

I started to read again peacefully, gaining back all the concentration I lost.

I then lost it once again as the doorbell rung.

I groaned setting my book aside,
walking towards the door.

When I reached it I opened the door, my regular scowl on my face, seeing a biracial skin complexion and strawberry blonde hair.

It was my neighbor and friend, Jazmine Dubois.

Her hair was in two puffs, her emerald eyes shining bright, with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey Huey!" She exclaimed.

"Good afternoon, Jazmine." I said walking back to the living room allowing her in.

She closed the door behind her following me back to the couch.

I sat back down opening my book with Jazmine standing in front of me.

"Whatcha doing?" She then asked in her high pitched voice.

I rolled my eyes at the idiotic question she asked me when what I am doing is self explanatory.

"Huey!"

"What?!" I looked up angrily as she frowned.

"Lets do something fun."

"I am doing something fun." I responded returning my eyes to my book for I feel like the one hundredth time today.

"Well, I'm not." Jazmine huffed.

"Then leave." I shrugged.

"Huey!"

Another headache came caused my Jazmine's yelling with me looking up at her with a scowl.