~ Chapter 35: Collateral Damage ~

~ Caesar ~

"The park?" Angela asked as I wrapped my arm around her, walking down the trail.

"What you got against the park?" I joked as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"...I guess this is nice." She said, smiling.

Finally. A smile.

"And it's nice seeing all the kids playing around-" Angela suddenly stopped talking, looking forward.

"What is it, baby?" I looked at her in confusion.

I looked ahead as well, seeing Ebony and Jacob walking near the playground.

"Oh, look who's here." I said with a smile but it faded when I saw Angela's expression.

"So this is the reason why we're at the park." She frowned. "Because of her."

"What? No. Angie, I didn't even know she was here."

"Sure you didn't." She spat, crossing her arms.

"Hey." I said taking her hands in mine.

"Baby, I thought we went over this. I told you that you don't have anything to worry about, right?"

"Well then stop giving me something to worry about, Caesar!" Angela snapped as I groaned. "Man, I'm getting tired of this..."

"Oh, you're tired?"

"Yes Angie, I'm tired." I frowned. "No matter what I do, it's always an argument with you."

"So now I'm the problem? Wow." She scoffed as I groaned again.

"See there you go twisting my words again. I'm sick and tired of this, Angie."

"Well if you're sick and tired of me now, I hate to think how sick and tired you'll be of me when-" Angela stopped herself, looking away.

"When what?" I asked in confusion.

"...Nothing." She shook her head, looking down.

I sighed. "C'mon Angie, what is it-"

"Hey guys." We turned to see Ebony standing there, a smile on her face with Jacob behind her.

I slightly smiled at her. "Hey Ebbz. Jacob." I nodded at him as he did back.

"It's nice to see you again too... Angela." Ebony smiled nervously, which actually caused me to nearly chuckle.

She always messes up Angela's name and I know she was trying not to.

Ebony noticed my face, causing her to give me a playful threatening look, nearly making me laugh.

"You too." Angela said politely.

"I guess we all had the idea of coming to the park." Ebony said. "Yo' idea." Jacob corrected which caused her to nudge him.

I noticed Angela who was still looking down, causing me to sigh silently. Ebony noticed my expression before smiling and turning to her.

"Angela. We haven't really had a chance to talk much. Wanna walk with me?"

"Um... I mean, sure." Angela nodded before turning back to me.

I nodded, with a smile. "Y'all have fun."

They then started to walk off as I turned to see that it's just me and Jacob now.

"...Hey."

"...Aye."

We both shoved our hands in our pockets, looking away awkwardly.

"We ain't gotta talk, do we?" He then asked.