~ Chapter 41: I Told You So ~

~ Huey ~

I groaned as the single light from above, shone bright on my face.

I put my head down, trying to break myself from the chair I was tied to.

No matter how hard I try to break free, I can't.

I then heard a scream, causing my head to snap up.

"Jazmine? Jazmine!"

I heard the scream again, but realized it wasn't Jazmine screaming.

"Ebony?" I then called, hearing her scream again.

"HUEY! HELP!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled, trying to break free of the ropes.

I then heard a gunshot go off, causing my eyes to widen.

The screaming stopped.

"Ebony? EBONY!" I yelled before hearing a sinister chuckle in the distance.

"EBONY!"

I jolted up from my sleep, sweating and breathing heavily.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose, realizing that it was just a dream.

However, I got up, quickly walking out of my room and towards Ebony's. As I did, I noticed her door was open and she was not in the room.

"Ebony?" I called, looking around her room.

"What're you doing?" I turned around to see her standing there in her robe.

I mentally sighed in relief.

"I was checking on you." "Well as you can see, I'm fine." She sighed, walking past me.

"Where were you?"

"I went to talk to Granddad." She crossed her arms at me as I quirked my eyebrow.

"Relax. I didn't tell him about you." Ebony rolled her eyes, sitting down on her bed. "I told him about the accident and what really happened."

My eyebrows raised slightly. "And?"

"Since I told him the truth, he's not too mad. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted since I'm a liar and everything." She turned away from me as I sighed.

"Ebony. Last night, I didn't mean-"

"Huey, I really don't wanna talk right now." Ebony sighed deeply. "I already have enough problems with Caesar with the whole drinking thing."

I started to think.

"You said that on the night of the party you only had coke to drink?" I asked as she turned back around to me.

"Yeah?"

"Did you get your own drink, or did someone get it for you?"

"Jake got it for me. Why?"

"And did you ever leave your drink unattended?"

"No? Not that I can remember..." Ebony trailed off.

"And Jacob, he's the one who got you your drink?" I asked again.

"Yeah, Huey, you asked me that already. What?"

I gave her a look as she continued to look at me, dumbfounded.

"What Huey?"

"Ebony. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Jacob is the one who spiked your drink?" I asked her.