Chapter Two

New message from Yoimi 🎇

Yoimi🎇

Yoimi 🎇
Y/n where are you?

You
I'm at the bar

You
Why

Yoimi 🎇
We gotta go bc Mona isn't feeling well 😞

You
"Oh no we gotta go 🏃‍♀️"

Yoimi 🎇
😐

You
Okay sorry I'll meet you at the entrance
Seen at 11:04pm

• • •

You slowly got up from your seat, leaving your empty glass behind. The drink that boy made for you was super tasty, you enjoyed drinking every drop of it.

It was still hard getting through the crowd, but somehow you still managed to do it.

You got out of the building and saw your friends waiting beside your car. "So I guess we're supposed to be going with my car back now, right?" you asked with a frown on your face.

"Yeah, with Mona being totally out, there ain't no way we're going to walk back carrying her on our backs." Kaeya stated. "Don't worry y/n, I'm aware that you drank, so I'll drive." said Keqing trying to help somehow.

"Uh okay, but PLEASE don't crash my car. I know you're trustworthy, but I just luckily managed to get this, and don't want to lose it anytime soon." you gave a rather sad look to the purple haired girl. "Trust me, y/n." she reassured you with a small smile.

• • •

"Mona, you feeling better?" You asked from the front seat, looking back. "I still feel a little nauseous, but I think I should be fine soon..."

"You don't sound so confident, are you sure you don't need help?" Yoimiya questioned, with a concerned look on her face. "She said she's going to be fine, leave it at that." Kaeya responded instead of the sick girl.

"Um, guys?" the happy-go-lucky girl spoke up. "I think we left Venti there..."

"Shi-" you almost cursed but Keqing cut you off. "It's okay, we're going back. Let's just hope he's fine."

"No way we actually forgot about him, that's ridiculously funny!" The taller boy burst out laughing. "Stop! Consider how he might feel! Also, I wonder why he hasn't texted us yet..." said Keqing making an angry face, that Kaeya couldn't see from back there.

• • •

You arrived rather quick, and stepped out from the car. Mona offered she'll wait outside since she's still not in is best form and try to contact him, and the other pigtailed girl said she'll stay outside to watch over her.

The remaining people which concludes you, Kaeya, and Yoimiya went back in the building in hopes of finding your lost friend.

You searched through the crowd, in every corner of the place, but couldn't find him at all. "What are we gonna do now?" the blonde asked, getting a little nervous now.

"Let me quickly text Keqing if they've successfully contacted him" you offered.

Keqing 💜⚡️

You
Any info on where he is?

Keqing 💜⚡️
No.
We cannot reach him.

Keqing💜⚡️
Anything on your end?

You
Nope sadly

You
But wait I have an idea actually
Seen at 11:57pm

An idea popped up in your head. You didn't know the guy quite well, but you remembered his words.

"Dissapeared? As in, are they missing?"
"In any case, if something suspicious happens, be sure to report it to us."

You quickly ran to the bar leaving your friends behind confused, trying to search for the man who made your drink. Instead of him, a certain taller male with a red high ponytail walked up to you. "Hello, what can I make for you?"

"Actually, I came here for a person who's rather on the shorter side, with darker red hair, green eyes... His name was something like, um.. Shinokain?" you tried describing him.

"I do not know any Shinokains here, but I do know one Shikanoin who could be the person you're searching for." He let out a small laugh. "Yes, him!" you said, feeling kind of embarrassed. "Could you please call him out for me?"

"Sure thing."

• • •

"Welcome back, miss! What is it that you specifically need MY help with?" He looked at you giving a smug face. "Okay, so my friend actually disappeared this time. As in, he's missing... For real." you said hoping that he could help you.

"Well it seems like it's your lucky day! I'm actually a detective!" he stated proudly. "...Aren't you a bartender?" you questioned, confused. "Well, yeah, it's a part-time job. When I don't have any cases to be working on, I come here to mix drinks. It's kind of like a hobby, but also problems can occur here, which is why this is a perfect place for me."

"But, enough talking about myself, tell me about this friend of yours." suddenly his tone got more serious than that playful one you heard earlier. "Okay, so. His name is Venti, he's not that tall, maybe around the same height as you-" you started, but when you mentioned height you noticed him give you the poker face which was actually a bit funny to you.

"He wears his hair in braids at the front, and wears a lot of green." you continued. "Anything else that you think could be important?" He asked raising one his eyebrows. It almost seemed like he was trying to test you.

"Well, we last saw him walk in with us around 10:50pm, and after that he disappeared. Oh, and another thing, he likes to drink. A lot." you finished your thoughts.

"Very good, you know which details are necessary. Glad you caught on quickly." he looked in your eyes, giving you a soft smile. "Diluc mentioned that someone broke into the storage but said that there wasn't any damage. You think that could've been him?" he went back to serious mode.

"Maybe! Could we check the place out?" you looked at him in need of help because you had no other ideas on where to look for him. "Of course! Follow me." And with that, you both set off in the storage room's direction.