Chapter Four

Heizou 🔎

You
Hi there

You
I've made up my mind

Heizou 🔎
who r u

You
y/n
you know the one who you had to help

You
To find my friend

Heizou 🔎
OH RIGHT HELLO

Heizou 🔎
im sorry i only gave you my number but i didnt have yours so i didnt know who this was 😓

You
thats fine
I decided I'll take up your offer

Heizou 🔎
SRSLY? im soo glad
i didnt think youd actually accept

Heizou 🔎
meet me this afternoon in xiangling's café

You
Xiangling's? I'm surprised you know her 🤨

Heizou 🔎
yeah ive helped her out once before
anyways, meet me there at lets say.. 5pm?

You
Alr! Bye until then
Seen at 11:43am

You had a good sleep, since you were basically knocked out by the time you got home. As soon as you woke up last night's events suddenly came to mind along with the detective's offer. This was an opportunity to do something with your life.

You thought about it for a while: Would I make enough? Am I really smart enough? Is he sure he wants ME there? Will I learn quickly? Is this going to be dangerous?

But after all that thinking you managed to make a decision. He IS a trained professional detective after all. He must know what he's doing. Right? But wait.. you can't know for sure if he was telling you the truth or lying to you that night. He sure acted like he knew what he was doing, but is it real?

You also started getting suspicious, but figured that if he wasn't lying, you could have a solid job. Your main objective on your meet-up at the café was to confirm that he's legit.

• • •

The afternoon came fast. It was around 4:30pm when you walked out your apartment door and started heading towards the café. It was about a 15-20 minute walk. You didn't really have any plans for what to do to find more out about him, because you genuienly couldn't come up with one. Your only option left was to straight up ask him for evidence.

As your mind was filled with worst-case scenarios you almost didn't notice that you've arrived. The café looked as nice as ever, Xiangling really outdid herself with this one! The place wasn't very popular, but it was cozy and she had awesome stuff on her menu. It's a shame that not many people knew how good everything is here!

Ever since you moved here you've been coming to this café to get things off of your mind. You became a regular and got to know Xiangling, the owner in the process.

You walked in, the sound of wind chimes could be heard upon opening the door. Very much to your surprise Heizou was already there waiting for you. He waved with a smile on his face when noticing you.

"Hey.." you greeted him while sitting down to the opposite side of the table. "Hi y/n! Been waiting for you. I still can't believe you accepted..." he looked outside the window seeming like he was excited.