Chapter Fourteen

While you were out yesterday, the sun drained a lot of your energy, so you went to sleep earlier than usual. Sadly, you still couldn't get much sleep because of a certain someone who came into your room yelling "It's beach day guys!" at five in the morning. Keqing was quite pissed off and Yoimiya didn't even wake up to his voice.

Now everyone was sitting at the dining table with your purple haired roommate shooting death glares towards the man who barged in eariler. "I'm really sorry about him guys... I didn't wake up to him sneeking out." Shinobu let out a sigh. "It's okay! Besides, I think all of us going to the beach is an awesome idea as well!" Yoimiya spoke up happily.

"Easy for you to say. You had no idea he came in, because you were in a deep sleep." Mona pointed out. "Regardless of the way he shared his idea with us, I have to say, it's a great one. I'd be down to go out after we finish eating." Kaeya calmly stated.

"Is everyone fine with going out today?" you asked to get things straight. Since your friends all agreed to go, you knew this day was going to be an eventful one.

• • •

"You guys ready? Then let's head out, I'll lead the way." Heizou stated and walked out the door with everyone following him. You could see some bring bigger, some bring smaller bags with them.

"All of you, did you bring sunscreen? The UV is high today!" Keqing questioned loudly to make sure nobody gets sunburnt. "Now that you said that... I realized I completely forgot to bring sunscreen with me to this trip." Venti slammed his head. "Don't worry buddy, I gotchu, you can use mine." Childe offered, comforting him.

"Kazuha, I see you're barely carrying anything with you. Aren't you going to need stuff?" you went over to his side. "No, not really. I'll probably find a parasol to sit under and get inspiration for writing my next poem." he smiled at you. "Wow, thinking about poems even here... Don't you get tired from university stuff?"

"Not at all! This is a little competition we have, so I thought I'd sign up. To me, this is the perfect place to gather ideas. Perhaps I will share it with you after it's done." your friend said, looking into the distance. This entire situation reminded you of a movie scene, but you enjoyed it.

• • •

You were all standing at the strand now. It was by the sea, so it was allowed to swim in it, of course. Mona went ahead to put some parasols down, so all of you could have a space to sit at where the sun doesn't shine in your face. As soon as everyone settled down, changed into swimsuits and applied the sunscreen (which Keqing payed a lot of attention to) Yoimiya grabbed your arm and pulled you towards the water with her.

"Come on y/n, let's enjoy this while we can!" she exclaimed happily splashing some of the water on you, which caught you off guard. "I'm not gonna be the only one who gets water splashed at them." you stated as you splashed some on her. While you were having fun in the sea, the others occupied themselves as well.

Keqing, Mona and Shinobu went to play beach volleyball against Childe, Kaeya and Heizou. As far as you could tell it was a pretty intense game they were having. You could make out a "That was skill, not a fluke!" scentence shouted by the astrologist.

If you looked in the other direction you saw Venti and Itto aiming at each other with water guns. It was the shorter one who was chasing the taller male at full speed. You could recognize it's them from miles, because if those two are thrown together, things are going to get loud.

Everyone was having fun with doing beach activites, which left Kazuha out. Your friends invited him to play volleyball with them, but he refused saying that he has a lot of inspiration right now. You could see him peacefully writing something in his notebook, which you assumed was for the competition he mentioned earlier.

• • •

You all spent the entire day there until sunset. Everyone agreed to get dinner at the beach, since it was closer than going back to some restaurant. Obviously after all that food drinks were needed. "I'm going to get cocktails, since everyone must be thirsty after that. Plus even if you aren't, tell me it isn't chill to sit at a beach watching the sunset while drinking a nice cocktail." you said as you stood up from the sand.

"You've got a point. I trust you with flavors, so pick whichever you think is good for us y/n. Better not dissapoint." Kaeya looked you in the eyes. "Oh gosh, okay. Don't stare at me like that. If no one has any special requests, imma be heading off." you responded.

"I'll go with you to help you carry the drinks." Heizou suddenly stated standing up and walking beside you. "Thank you!" you exclaimed happily then walked off. Before turning away you swear you could see that Kazuha wanted to say something, but in the end he remained silent and started chatting with Venti.

• • •

You placed the orders and got a paper which indicated that if they shout it, your order is ready. It was the number 31. "Alright, number 31, remember that." you said to Heizou. "Don't worry, I can assure you that I won't forget." the detective laughed. "Actually, while the drinks are being made, do you want to walk to the sea?" he asked. "Sure, why not!" you accepted his offer.

The two of you walked towards the water, chatting about general stuff. You both stopped just beside the water and watched the sunset together. It was very beautiful as the water reflected it's colors and the light also painted the sky red, pink and orange. There was a slight wind and the temperature also cooled down by now to the point where it was just perfect.

No one said a word, you were just staring at the view silently. You looked to your side and saw him being immersed in the things in front of him. His haircolor also seemed similar to the color the sky was right now. Sure, his hair was a little darker, but it still resembled it.

He noticed how you were looking at him, so he also turned to face you. Now you were just silently making eye contact with the faint sound of music and people talking from the restaurants nearby. It was the second time today that you felt like you were in a movie. It was almost a surreal experience, but at the time, you didn't think about anything or anyone else, only about the boy who was standing in front of you.

This moment was interrupted by a voice shouting "Number 31!" from the distance. It smacked you out of your thoughts and it did the same to Heizou. He turned his head a bit, but you could still see that his face was read. Wheter is was the red sunlight on his face or blushing, you'll never know. "Oh, the drinks are ready. Let's pick them up, shall we?" he gave you a smile and held out his hand.

On this exact day, you realized that you had feelings for the detective.

• Author's note: •

I'm back hi! :D

I originally intended to post a chapter yesterday since I've finished my things for the week, but I was super tired so I couldn't bring myself to write I'm sorry about that

Also while I was away, we got a thousand more reads making it 3k+ in total, that's amazing!! Some of you also left comments and votes as well, which makes me happy because it tells me that the story is enjoyable  :)

Big thanks to everyone!!