Chapter Nineteen

TW: Violence, suicide. From this point on, I will mark this book as mature for obvious reasons. If you can't deal with these topics, don't read this chapter.

Just what in the world happened here...?

You both walked into the apartment not knowing where to start. Heizou seemed unfazed and deep in thought, while you were shocked. Why would Kazuha mess things up around here like this? Or wait... was this even him or someone else?

"Hey, y/n. I know this might be a lot for you, but let's start investigating. We'll find your friend sooner." he put his hand on your shoulder and looked into your eyes. "I'll try my best!" and with that, the two of you split up.

The detective went into his room and you stayed in the living room trying to look for clues. You started inspecting the place. The books and papers thrown on the floor were so random. You picked all of them up, flipping through them hoping to find something, but there wasn't anything. The papers laying everywhere were poem written by Kazuha himself. They were all drafts, because they weren't finished. He was very dedicated and loved poetry. All of his works - even his drafts - were just... beautiful. He had some insane talent for this.

You collected these as well and put them on the table. There were other objects on the floor like pens, a watch, boxes and clothes. It took a while for you to organize everything also look through them carefully. It was super tiring and you found nothing worth of notice.

"Heizou, found anything yet?" you went towards your friend's room. "Pretty much the same things as in the living room. I looked through some stuff, although there's still a lot left." he answered while working. You looked around the area only to realize that something was out of place.

"Hey..." you whispered, while walking towards the suspicious object laying on his bed. "This isn't Kazuha's." The boy looked at you to see what you were talking about. "Which one?"

"This." you lifted up the hoodie. "This is WAY too big for him, he couldn't even wear this as an oversized piece. You guys are around the same height so you could try it on to confirm if you wanna." you gave it to him.

"This does seem big. Let me... huh..." he stopped for a second. Next thing you knew he pulled out a little piece of paper from it's pocket. "What does it say?" you asked eagerly. "It has an address on it." he said, showing it to you. You took the paper and checked it. It was definitely not Kazuha's handwritng and you also didn't recognize the address. "Someone else wrote this, we should go to this place."

"But, y/n-..." he couldn't continue his sentence, because you cut him off. "I am aware that this could be a trap as well, but we don't have any other leads. This is our only chance to figure something out. It might be dangerous, but... we'll look out for each other." you looked at him with a gentle smile on your face.

You noticed that he got a little flustered, but it barely showed. "Alright, but stay close to me, always." Heizou looked at you seriously, wanting to protect you.

• • •

The place was REALLY far away from his apartment. It was around an hour long car-ride. When you arrived, you were totally taken back by how the area looked. "Hell no, this looks like a place from horror movies." You blurted out. (Not so) surprisingly it was an abandoned building with many floors. Your reaction made the boy chuckle, he then looked at you. "Let's investigate this case, shall we?"

Both of you walked in the bulding which actually barely had any windows, so a flashlight had to be used. Luckily Heizou had one on him, he always has all the necessarry stuff. "I'm so thankful for that backpack of yours." you joked, trying to relieve stress. He smiled, and you felt him take your hand, holding it. "Stay close, okay?" all you could do was nod, because you got shy, but at least it helped you calm down a bit.

You and the detective checked a few rooms out, but all you could find was graffiti on the walls. It started to become useless walking around here. You were on the third floor now and there was still two to go. "Isn't it weird how we haven't found anything?" you questioned.

"It is, but... as you said before, this is our only lead so far. Maybe there is something else here, we just have to be patient." He was right. You had to admit you were getting a bit impatient and worried from not being able to find Kazuha or anything related to him.

"Alright, last room on the third floor." you exclaimed, pulling him with you. You then suddenly felt like your heart would jump out of your chest. A loud sound could be heard, which turned out to be the detective's phone. "Oh my gosh!" you shouted quietly. "My mistake, I forgot to mute it, hold on let me find it." he quickly started searching for his phone in is backpack with a worried look on his face.

While he was looking for his mobile, you decided to walk into the room. It was a bad idea. The sound of doors shutting close could be heard from behind you. You were so shocked, you couldn't make a sound, or move. This building didn't have any doors at all, what is with this specific room? You felt your chest getting heavier and your heart beating faster, as there was no light whatsoever and you were seperated from Heizou.

You turned around to try to break through the door, but it was no use. It was made from metal. "HEIZOU, THE DOORS CLOSED, I'M STUCK IN HERE!" and some loud bangings is all that could be heard from outside. The boy got scared himself, and immidiately started looking for a way to open it. You were incredibly afraid to the point where you started crying. You suddenly felt someone pulling you close to them, and whispering in your ear:

"I have no choice, y/n. I'm sorry." the person placed a kiss on your forehead, then, a sharp object against your neck, and pain was all you could feel. After that, you could hear the sound of the doors opening faintly and Heizou shouting your name. His flashlight revealed that the person infront of you, was none other than... Kazuha. Blackout.

Y/n, I'm currently standing by your grave. I still remember meeting you in that bar, it wasn't a coincidence, I don't believe in those. It's insane how we haven't known each other for long, yet, I still got attached to you. My wish was to protect you and be with you from the very beginning, but... Look at me. I'm standing beside your buried body, with your friends and parents crying. They're all here. Childe, Venti, Itto, Kaeya, Shinobu, Yoimiya, Mona, Keqing. They're all here, y/n. Kazuha on the other hand, is sitting in his prison cell. I didn't have to work hard to capture him, he turned himself in to me, saying "I'm sorry" over and over again. No matter how many times he apologizes to me, I can't forgive him. But, I don't even have to. You know why? Because I won't see him again. Actually, I won't see anyone ever again, only you. Yes, y/n. We're meeting again today in the afterlife, because... It's your lucky day.

Kazuha was sitting on his bed, totally crushed mentally. All he could do was stare at the floor, not being able forgive himself for what he did. "It's all your fault, Tomo... it's all your fault. Why did I ever think it'd be a good idea to become your friend... You're a psychopath, you're crazy, you're manipulative... Why did you force me to do this... You threatened me. You gave me and y/n no choice. I had to confess to her before she was gone. At least she was aware. I don't want your messed up ass to touch my family, so of course... I didn't tell that you were behind this. Only if I'd know why you wanted me to kill her... Only if... But, I did it... There's no way she could ever forgive me, so... there's only one thing that I can do." he looked up from the floor to a metal nail, that was sticking out from the wall.

- - THE END - -
(There is an alternative ending two chapters later which are both just author's note chapters, so if you're interested you can check it out.)