Chapter Fifteen

You had a good nights sleep again after your day out with your friends. The following days were also very enjoyable, you guys visited a lot of local places and had a lot of fun together. You already knew that you were going to miss this.

After all those days of chilling and messing around, the final day came. Surprisingly, you were the last one to wake up today. Getting up, you saw that it was 11am already. You usually didn't sleep this late, but knowing that some people still consider this early, you didn't think too much about it.

As you sleepily walked down the stairs you were met by the others all playing some kind of card game. "Well, look who it is! You finally decided to wake up." Kaeya looked at you. Everyone now looked your way, greeting you. "You sure slept well, we didn't want to wake you up." Keqing showed you a smile.

"Thanks for being considerate of me. I have no idea how I slept this much today, but it was refreshing." you said as you walked over to the table and sat down. "So what we doin'?"

"Oh, we were just playing Uno. I know that this game is mostly a game of luck and that it needs less logic, but Heizou keeps on winning." Mona claimed. "I say he's cheating!" Itto looked angrily at the detective.

"How could you possibly cheat in Uno?" you asked him laying your head on the table. "By peeking at others' cards of course! I bet he's doing that..." he reasoned, suspiciously glaring at Heizou. "Even if he were to look at your cards, that cannot guarantee victory. He needs to have the right cards and getting them is based on luck." you stated your argument still tiredly.

"Great observation!" the red haired boy looked at you proudly. "Of course you would side with y/n! She's defending you..." Venti pouted. "I'm just stating facts. Besides, let's see if he can beat me in Uno, lemme join!" you reached your hands out to the deck signaling that they should give you some cards.

• • •

Update: you couldn't manage to beat him. Keqing and Kazuha succeeded once, but all of the other wins went to the detective. It was around 7pm now, the day has went by fast. Yesterday you mentioned the festival that's gonna be happening today, the one that Tomo told you about before. You didn't say that he was going to be there, you wanted it to be surprise.

Everyone found it a good idea to go, and they were all excited. So that all leads up to now. You were all dressed and ready to go out. The walk there was pretty wild, because Itto, Venti and Yoimiya were a little too hyped for all this. The blonde girl almost went crazy for the fireworks, the boy with the braids for the drinks, and the taller male for the minigames there. You were glad that they were this happy about it.

On the way there you, Heizou and Kazuha were talking together. You asked him about school, he asked the detective about his job, it was a relaxing and wholesome conversation, until you felt their hands brush against yours from the two sides at the same time. You realized this, but tried to pretend like nothing happened. From the corner of your eyes you could see Kazuha look away and a smile appearing on Heizou's face.

• • •

You all bought tickets at the enterance, then proceeded to go in. It was a beautifully lit place with stalls everywhere. There were colorful lights with tons of people walking all around and live music playing which was performed by a local band. You all agreed that you would go seperate ways and meet at the place where the fireworks show will be held. With that, everyone went off.

You decided to go with Shinobu and Itto this time. You felt like you haven't talked enough with them. "Sure, you can join us, y/n!" the girl looked at you joyfully. "We'll have y/n by our side, let's gooo!" Itto exclaimed, then hinted that you two should follow him.

The three of you tried every single minigame stall there was. The boy was actually skilled at almost all of them, you and Shinobu only beat him at a few ones. "See, I might suck at Uno, but this I'm good at! You should be glad to have had the chance to go against me, after all, it's not everyday that you get you challenge the almighty Arataki Itto!" he yelled out, which made a few people look at him.

"Shh, you're so loud!" your friend gave him an irritated look. "Sorry, sorry..." Itto laughed. Somehow this made you feel incredibly nostalgic. It's like you were living your high school life again. You remembered seeing these situations play out in the halls. Teachers and the girl would scold him, but he always just laughed it off. Come to think of it, there hasn't been a single time when you saw him sad. Like, genuienly sad.

"Heyo, you there?" the male waved his hands in front of your face. "Uh, yeah sorry. I was just feeling a little nostalgic is all." you looked at them. "I get what you mean. All of us together reminds you of school doesn't it? Somehow, it's such a nice feeling." Shinobu said quietly.

The tall boy didn't say anything, he was just looking down at the ground. It seemed like the recent events had this kind of effect on him as well.

"Well, I think it's about time that we should go watch the fireworks." you suddenly spoke up to break the silence. "Good idea, let's go."

• • •

By the time you got there, the others were waiting for you. It was a bit hard to find them though, because there was a big crowd. The live music has stopped, a DJ came in instead of the band. "Hello and welcome everybody! I'm gonna be your DJ for this evening and as well as the starter of the fireworks show. Now, I'd like to hear y'all answer loudly: Are you ready?" Upon his loud words through the speakers everyone shouted a big yes. "Then let the show begin!" he announced putting his hands up in the air.

The sky was now painted with colors from the fireworks. All kinds of sparkles and shapes were seen. A lot of people were recording this moment, but you couldn't blame them. It was gorgeous. The eleven of you were amazed by the view. It's not like you didn't see fireworks before, but somehow these ones felt much more special.

Childe interrupted your moment. "Guys, quick, let's take a group picture with the fireworks in the background before it ends!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Smile!"

click

• • •

The show seemed to end so quickly, although it must've been at least 15 minutes long. You all seperated from each other once again before going home, but this time Kazuha asked you to go with him.

The two of you went to get some food and enjoyed having a conversation. "Hey, y/n could you follow me for a minute?" he suddenly asked. "Sure, that's what I've been doing until now as well." you chuckled at his question. He laughed a little as well while standing up and leading you somewhere.

Soon enough you found yourself at a place from where you could see the sea clearly. "Wow, this spot is really pretty... I understand why you'd take me here!" you exclaimed, being amazed. "It is super pretty, but... there's also another reason why I took you here with me."

"Hm?"

"Y/n, I have feelings for you."