Alternative Ending

Hello! So, as I've been seeing a lot of people sad in the comments/requesting a happy ending, I've decided to write it as a Christmas gift. If you don't like/don't celebrate Christmas, then consider this a compensation for giving you a sad ending. :)

Enjoy!

[...] "HEIZOU, THE DOORS CLOSED, I'M STUCK IN HERE!" You shouted, your voice echoing in the dark room. Your detective partner realized how bad the situation is, considering there could be a kidnapper here, so he immediately started looking for a way to open the doors.

Loud bangings on the metal door could be heard from outside, which made Heizou all the more nervous. Tears were flowing down your face, as you felt completely helpless, hitting the metal didn't help.

Suddenly, you felt someone grabbing your waist, and pulling you close to them. The act shocked you so much, that your screams stopped and you were frozen in one place. You couldn't move an inch in those person's arms.

"I have no choice, y/n. I'm sorry." You heard a gentle voice filled with sorrow close to your ear. Your face was buried in their chest, you could hear their breathing quickening, and their heart rate slowly rising. They were afraid of what they were about to do. The person placed a kiss on your forehead, then pulled out a sharp object and positioned it against your neck.

"This is it, this is the end..." You thought to yourself, still being shocked from the situation. There was no use fighting against someone with a weapon, it would only lead you to injuring yourself. Isn't worth trying, completely unnecesarry effort. Unless... you find a way to get out of his grip without making contact with the knife.

Smacking or taking it out of their hand won't do, one wrong move, and you're stabbed. Since you could feel their uneasiness you knew that even a little distraction would be enough to catch them off guard. You also had to act quickly, because they were mere seconds away from taking your life. Your precious life that you only had one of. The one, that you had to protect.

They were holding the knife in their right hand, so... you had to grab his left shoulder and turn him around in 90 degrees, so the weapon would be in the farthest position away from you (if that makes sense). You did exactly as you planned, which earned a gasp out of the person. After doing so, you quickly pushed them away and backed up against the door, which Heizou managed to open just in time.

Since you had no surface to push your back to, you fell on your back right beside Heizou, who had worry written all over his face. You didn't say anything, you just stared wide eyed at the only person who remained in the room. The one who tried to kill you was none other than... Kazuha.

He was standing in one place, breathing heavily. It didn't take long for him to drop the knife and collapse on the spot. The three of you were silent, everyone trying to process the situation. After a few seconds, Heizou spoke up. "Kaedehara Kazuha, mind explaning yourself?"

He then started to walk towards the boy, who did not respond with anything. He was absolutely crushed. This made it easy for the detective to put handcuffs on your friend. "Well, if you won't talk now, you'll talk later at the police station. Even if you didn't kill, this was still attempted murder, but based on your explaination we might be able to reduce your sentence. Assuming you don't want to be imprisoned for years cause you're such a free spirit, it'll be worth speaking up." He coldly stated making the boy stand up and signaling for you to help him get Kazuha outside.

• • •

Ever since the incident, days have passed, yet Heizou still didn't update you on the situation. You were feeling so down, that you couldn't even think of going outside. All you did was stay inside your house, watching TV. You tried to distract yourself, but the recent events kept replaying in your mind. It was horrible.

Right after your old friend was handed over to the police, he brought you home and stayed with you for a while. He knew that at the time, you were in a bad state an even worse one than the one you're in right now, so he kept you company for a few hours. Obviously you appericiated that very much, but it still made you nervous that you haven't heard from him or from Kazuha days ago.

Suddenly the sound of the door bell ringing interrupted your thought process. You slowly got up from your sofa and walked over to the door to see who it is. To your surprise, it was none other than the detective himself. "Hey, y/n. Mind if I come in?"

"Feel free to." You invited him inside. Just as you closed the door behind him, he started talking right away. "Kazuha is doing better now, and luckily we were able to reduce his time that has to be spent in jail." The boy started telling you the story. Your eyes lit up right away, cause he was still your friend. You considered him your friend, even after he betrayed you. Why? Because you knew that he wouldn't do something like this in his own, someone must've been behind it.

"The reason for that is because... a person who you know well manipulated him into doing what he did. He said he does not know why he was asked to do this, but he had to follow orders, because he was threatened."

"Wait... A person who I know well? Who was it?" You asked, with your voice shaking, because you weren't ready to be betrayed yet again.

"Tomo."

Tomo, huh... A name you did not expect to come out from the detective's mouth. It made you tense up and burst into tears. Why did he want to assassinate you? What was it that you have done to him?

Your shoulders were shaking from crying, your nose began running. It was the only thing you could do. You've never felt this dissapointed before, it totally broke you. Heizou already knew that the harsh truth would get this reaction out of you, he was prepared for it.

In order to make you feel better, he took you in his arms and the two of you stayed like that, for a very, very long time...

THE END