Chapter Eighteen

"Heizou...?" you looked over to him with a worried look on your face. "Seems like we got a case."

"Wait, y/n, what happened?" he walked over to you. "Kazuha went missing!" you blurted out. The detective went stone faced as soon as he processed what you just said. It looked like the boy began thinking about something and then he spoke up. "We should visit his parents. Do you know their address?" he asked.

"Of course I do, I used to go over while he was still living with them." you answered, pulling out your phone to infrom Kazuha's parents that you are coming and also to do another thing.

4lifers ✌️

You
Guys, Kazuha went missing
If anyone knows anything, send info to me or Heizou ASAP
Delivered at 9:12pm

You sent that message in hopes of getting any leads, although, you didn't know how much it was going to help. "Alright, I texted his parents. I also sent a message in our groupchat, maybe someone knows something. Is that okay?" you questioned wheter what you did was right or wrong.

"Yes, thank you for doing that. Every little detail we get is important. Now, tell me the address please and I'll drive us there quickly." the boy thanked you, then walked towards the front door. You quickly put a jacket on as well, grabbed your keys and followed him.

You both ran down the bulding's stairs and went straight to Heizou's car, then got in and got going. You wanted to say something, but noticed that he was deep in thought, so you decided to think about what happened as well.

"He couldn't have ran away... right? Gosh, I hope everything is okay with him."

• • •

The car ride seemed short, because you were too busy thinking to care about the time. As the two of you got out, you felt your phone buzz in your pockets.

Venti 🍷

Venti 🍷
Hey y/n, I saw your message!!!
I dont know if this could be of any help but

Venti 🍷
[Venti 🍷 has sent an attachment]

Venti🍷
He sent me a pic of his books and texted me that he'll get back to studying because he hasn't done that for a week while we were on vacation

You
Thank SO much Venti, if you find anything else out, text me
Venti 🍷 reacted with ❤️

After this you put it away, then went up to the house's door and pressed the bell. Soon enough, a taller, older man opened the door. "Hello, y/n. Please, come in. Oh, and the gentleman too." he invited the two of you inside.

You all sat down silently at the dining table to discuss. "So... Where's Mrs. Kaedehara?" you asked. "She's feeling awfully down. I think it's better to leave her alone for now." the man stated. "And may I ask, who is this boy?" he looked at Heizou.

"His name is Shino-... Shiko-... his name is Heizou. He is a friend of mine and also my co-worker. What's nice, is that he's a detective!" you finished awkwardly still not being able to remember his name correctly. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Kaedehara. My name is Shikanoin Heizou. I'm a full time detective." he smiled at him and they shook hands.

"Wait, y/n... you said co-worker? I didn't know you studied to be a detective." he said with a confused look on his face. "Well, I didn't... It was fate, or luck, or whatever you'd like to call it that we met. Since I have no experience, you could say that I'm currently in trial." you laughed a bit.

"I see. I wish you luck in getting this as a full-time job. But now, it's actually convenient that we have a detective here. I mean, this is a serious case." the man stated coldly, looking at Heizou. "Yes, I'll do my absolute best to find him. But for that, I'll need information. Can I ask, when you last heard from your son?" he started the business talk. It was all getting serious now.

"Well... The last text I got from him said: I'm coming home, arriving in a few hours. And since then, we didn't get any updates." his dad answered. "Uh-huh... And how did you come to the conclusion that he's missing? What if he's just busy doing something?" the detective asked.

"You see, before his vacation we agreed to meet up at his house once he's back. Naturally, at the time we assumed he got home, because he didn't text us, we went over to his place. We knocked on the door and called out for him multiple times, but we didn't get an answer. We also tried contacting him through other methods during the day, but it was a fail." the man gave a long response.

"So based on this, he was already missing in the morning. Because that's when you visited, right?"

"Right."

"Question is, did he go missing today or yesterday?" he asked the question from himself, thinking hard. Then you remembered Venti's picture that he sent you earlier.

"I might have an answer for that! Before we came in, Venti sent me a picture which is showing his books that he's studying from. He also said that Kazuha texted him: Going to study now, because I won't have time during the vacation." you said, trying to recall what the braided boy told you.

"Okay, and how does that give an answer to my question?" Heizou raised his brow at you. "You can see his office lamp turned on, so it would give a light to the books. It was obviously nighttime. Plus, I could ask Venti to comfirm when Kazuha sent these to him." you reasoned.

The detective looked like he was satisfied with your answer and he got up from his seat. "Mr. Kaedehara. I'm sorry for not staying here for long, but I'd like to go investigate. Is it okay, if we go into your son's apartment?" he asked politely from the man. "Sure, but we don't have keys for it. How are you going to get in?" he questioned.

"Don't worry, leave that to me."

• • •

You quickly reached Kazuha's place. Heizou easily opened the lock with some kind of tool that you could not recognize. As he opened the door slowly, you got super nervous. You were worried for your friend. He was very precious to you, the two of you were close. Saturday night's events replayed in front of your eyes. He confessed. You rejected. He was understanding. You still felt awful about it, but you couldn't help having feelings for the boy who was with you now.

The door was open now, giving you a full view of what was inside. It shocked the both of you. It. Was. A. Mess. Papers, books and other objects thrown everywhere, no sight of Kazuha.

Just what in the world happened here?

• Author's note: •

I said that I won't leave more than one week gaps between posting chapters and here I am, breaking my promise :(
I am very sorry, but I got sick recently and had no energy to write whatsoever. However I came to deliver a chapter after some time! :)

Just a quick notice, it's very likely that the next chapter will be the last one. If nothing goes bad (by which I mean me getting sick or smt) I will post it within the time limit promised earlier. We also reached 6k, almost 7k while I was away. I really, really do appreiciate it! Hope all of you can have a wonderful day, and please don't get sick bc it sucks