Chapter Three

"We're here" the boy said as you both stepped in the room. It was a tinier place, but it was just perfect for storing all kinds of glasses, mixing tools and drinks.

"It doesn't seem like there's anything here..." you muttered under your breath loud enough for the person next to you to hear. "At first sight, that's what it looks like, but I say we should investigate." the male spoke up, but he didn't go further in. It was almost like he was waiting for you to say something.

"Wait! You said Diluc mentioned this incident. And you also said that he claimed that there wasn't any damage. But if there wasn't any damage how could he tell the difference between someone accidentally leaving the door open, and someone breaking in?" you started your thought process.

"Well, how?" his green eyes met yours. He had a gentle smile on his face, it seemed like he had faith in your abilities.

"I think the only way he could tell, if he actually saw the person himself. And since he called it breaking in, it couldn't have been any of the employees. That must mean he knows something about the person who was here, so why not go ask him, instead of looking around here?" you finished your reasoning. You had to admit you were pretty proud of yourself for coming up with that theory literally after midnight.

The boy didn't say anything, but his gaze was still fixated on you with his eyes widened. "Uh.. but of course we can look around here if that's what you think is best! You're the detective here, haha..." you looked at the floor, embarrassed.

"You seriously do catch on quickly! I like you." he said giving you a big smile. His compliment made you a little flustered so you couldn't really respond. "Come on, big brain buddy, let's go ask Diluc for more details." and with that, he started heading out.

• • •

"What do you want, Shikanoin?" the taller male asked, with an unamused look on his face. "Could you please tell us about who you saw in the storage room?" the shorter one questioned.

"Oh, yeah. It's not much of a problem though. A guy with braids and lot of green clothes tried going in to get free drinks but I followed him and knocked him out on the spot." he said not being really interested in this entire thing.

"WHAT?! And where is he now?" you spoke up, clearly being concerned for your friend's well being. "I just put him outside. I think he's still out. Why are you curious, do you perhaps know him?" he gave you a confused face.

"Well, yeah... he's my friend." you claimed quietly tone. "HE'S your friend?" Diluc started laughing. "What's funny?" you asked, not really understanding.

"I've been a bartender at many places actually and I swear I saw him everywhere so far. I've gotten used to his needs for drinks already so whenever he tries something brave I won't even call the cops because I know it's just him." the male let out a small laugh.

You slapped your forehead hearing those words. "Venti, what the heck..." and started making your way out through the backdoor with the detective following you.

As soon as you stepped out you saw him right away, but he was still unconscious. "Well then, mystery solved! At least he's alright.." you said with a straight face clearly being disappointed, but not surprised.

Keqing 💜⚡️

You
I found him

You
And I also know how things happened

Keqing 💜⚡️
Omg y/n 4head

You
This definitely ain't my girl Keqing 😐

Keqing 💜⚡️
Yeah u're right
Anyways where u at

You
Come to the back of the building
Seen at 12:23am

Soon enough all of your friends started showing up and you explained everything to them in detail.

"Also Kaeya, how did you take Keqing's phone?" and as soon as you uttered those words the purple haired girl shot a death glare to the taller boy. "What?" she said a little angrily.

"I accidentally answered y/n's text while you were taking care of Mona, it's not MY fault." he shrugged. "That's so dumb." Yoimiya joined in the conversation.

"But anyway, glad he's fine! Thank you so much mister detective man for helping us!" she turned to face the bartender. "It's nothing, really. Also it was mostly the lady here who did the brain job." he smiled at you.

"I have to admit I haven't used my brain to this extent in my life so far." you let out an audible laugh.

"Alright then since y/n has worked hard today we will take responsibility for taking Mona and Venti back." Kaeya suddenly spoke up. "But I'm the only one who has their car here..." you said confused.

"Oops I guess I didn't tell you guys I came with my Lamborghini today. Well anyways, let's go. And good nigh- morning, y/n." And without refusing to elaborate, he started making his way to the parking lot.

You looked so confused by what just happened and Keqing noticed. "He doesn't actually have a Lamborghini, he's obviously joking. Even if he could afford one, you couldn't trust him with it, who knows what he'd do." she said as she rolled her eyes and followed your friend.

All of your ex-classmates said their goodbyes to you which only left you and the detective alone. "This was actually fun. Thank you for helping me." you looked at him.

"No worries, it's quite literally my job." he smiled at you. "Also, you should head back now and take a rest. I suppose you have to get up early in the morning to go to work or to university if you're studying still."

"Funny story actually, I'm not in university and I'm also jobless. I couldn't decide on what to do yet..." you stated, getting lost in your thoughts. "Well then it's your lucky day again! I know you'd think I've said this before, but that was practically yesterday." he let out a chuckle.

"Why am I lucky again?" you asked, not really understanding what he meant. "I think you'd be quite fit for a detective partner. If you'd join me, I'd teach you all the tricks, and we'd go solve mysteries together!" he exclaimed happily.

"Me? As a detective? I've never studied to be anything like that, plus I'm pretty sure I'm not the brightest person out there..." you claimed, making fun of yourself.

"Well, your actions tonight, or should I say yesterday night, told me otherwise. I'd gladly accept you, I think you have potential." he stated as he looked at you in the eyes.

You couldn't say anything, because you weren't able to decide on what to do. Of course like the good detective he is, he realized that. "It seems like you can't really decide right now so here, have my number." he said as he started writing something on a little paper.

"Think about it, and text me whenever! Of course, only in reasonable hours, please." he chuckled. "Well then, have a great night or morning, y/n!"

"Bye, uh-..."

"Heizou. Shikanoin Heizou. Hope to talk to you again!"