Chap. 3 ~ Getting To Know Devin.

Maia Mitchell as Casey

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&

Becca's POV

"Hi." I squeaked out with a little wave. He grinned, showing his right dimple. 'He has two!? Oh gosh.'

"I'm Devin. I'm new." he said, sticking his hand out. I shook it, felling a little shock. 'Hm..that's weird.' I thought.

"I'm Becca. My friends call me Becs or Bec." I smile and look over and see Casey. I raise my eyebrow at her. She shrugs and says, "What? I'm showing him around. Jake got a hold of him and kinda punched him in the gut..and told him if he ever got in his way again, they'll be consequences."

I felt the blood drain from my face at her words. I turned to Devin and he looked between us with a confused expression on his face. "What's going on? Did I miss something?" He asked.

"N-no. Don't worry about it. It's nothing." I say, while looking at Casey. She got the hint and nodded.

"So! Devin, when did you get here?" She asked. He looked at her and said, "Uh..I got here a couple weeks ago. I'm from San Diego, California. I moved here because I had "bad sportsmanship" at our last lacrosse game and vandalized the school."

I was shocked. "You play Lacrosse? So do I! What position?" He looked at me. "Defense. You?" I nodded, "Attack." He smiled and took his hair out of his bun. His curls cascaded all over his face and I probably drooled right then and there. 'Damn..'

Casey cleared her throat. Devin and I both blushed. "Sorry." I mumbled. "It's cool. So, Dev, you gonna try out for the team?" She asked. He nodded his head and shrugged. "Yeah, should be fun."

"Just a heads up, don't get in Jake's way. Please." I warned him. "Last time a newbie got in his way, it wasn't pretty. Sent him to the hospital for 2 months." Devin had a normal expression on his face.

Casey jumped in and said, "Dude! You're supposed to be all 'Oh no! I don't want to try out now!' But you're not..." He shrugged. "What's there to be scared of? Just cause he punched me in the gut doesn't mean I'm not going to try out. Plus, he seems like a bitch."

I quickly interjected. "He's the captain of the team. He can kick you off. You do know that right?" He nodded. "Yeah. And? I'm better than him. I've been playing since I was 9."

"He's been playing since he was 11. He has a really bad temper, Devin. I'm just warning you to not get in his way." He rolled his eyes and said, "I got this. Don't worry."

After about 20 minutes of first period, second came and we all went out separate ways. I didn't run into Jake or any of his boys so that was good. After school, Devin and I agreed to meet by the cafeteria to go get some ice cream and hang out.

Casey said she couldn't because she was going on a date with Justin. They've been dating for a couple months, almost a year. I'm happy for her. I hope I can find someone who will appreciate me and not use me when they need a release.

I shudder thinking about "him". I shake it off and wait for the dismissal bell to ring. When it does, I quickly pack my stuff up and head to the cafeteria. But, luck wasn't on my side this time. Not even close.

I was just about to walk out of the double doors when someone pulled me into a storage room. I tried to yell, but they put a hand over my mouth. I bit it and they hissed in pain. When they turned the light on, I wasn't at all pleased. Jake. Ew.

I sighed heavily. "Jake. Why did you pull me in here?" He looked at me with an intense gaze. "Just to remind you I'm still coming over later." He touched my cheek and I moved away. I looked at him and said, "Well...I'm supposed to be meeting someone to hang out later. Sorry. Bye."

I quickly left the room before he could grab me and ask questions. I walked towards the cafeteria, looking for Devin. I spotted him by a Red Chevy Camaro and waved. He smiled and waved.

"You ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and he opened the passenger door for me. "Why, thank you my kind gentleman." He laughed, got in the drivers seat, and drove off to the ice cream parlor.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&

Comment and tell me what you think.

Farewell, my little walkers👋🏾😇